Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inherited a few shotguns recently, one is peculiar in that it was made in brazil for an american maker, but the the maker's name on the barrel has been hidden by a bunch of "xxxx" stampings... it reads "made in brazil for the xxxxxxx firearm company, Troy, Michigan"....

Which manufacturer would this be...??? gun is an O/U 12 ga. and is in new, unfired condition, looks kinda like a copy of a browning citori or super-posed....

Would this be a reject from the american co., or maybe the brazilian manufacturer needed to dump some guns to make some quick cash...???

thanks for the help...

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
odds are the xxx's cover up SS Kresge which is K-Mart who is based in Troy Michigan.

K-mart might have used a "shell" import company for their guns also.

K-Mart used to sell boito's which were / are made in Brazil so that would be my best guess as to actual manufacturer.

As to the xxxxx's I would guess they over produced the contract which wasn't renewed..........

Is this similar?

·
Registered
1 Posts
can you tell me the value of this gun you posted a pic of. I have one also but the name is not xxxx out and it is a ss kresge,troy mi, made in brazil, bioto. mine is about 85-90%. I can't find anything about value of this gun online.
thanks for any help

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
there's one on Gunbroker.com that had a reserve of $300 , that was met, still 2 days on the auction.

I'm thinking it's a $275 - $325 gun

there's one on Auctionarms.com they have $575 on it (it's the one the pic was robbed from) been at auction for several days and no one has bid on it..

·
Registered
108 Posts
MarlandS said:
odds are the xxx's cover up SS Kresge which is K-Mart who is based in Troy Michigan.

K-mart might have used a "shell" import company for their guns also.

K-Mart used to sell boito's which were / are made in Brazil so that would be my best guess as to actual manufacturer.

As to the xxxxx's I would guess they over produced the contract which wasn't renewed..........

Is this similar?

That's my gun! The spitting image, all but the cushion butt pad! I thought I'd never come across another like it. I bought it from a cousin for $100 back in 97. Used it for a year and a half. It seemed like a cheap PoC, but I can shoot with it and it never once misfired or gave me any trouble. He bought it used for the same price from somewhere. Glad to see people are getting $300 bucks for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts