Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 12Ga shotgun made by Armas Juaristi that I would like to find more about. I don't think it's very old because the bluing is still perfect and all the engraving and edges are still sharp. The serieal number is on the barrels the forend and the frame and is 2268. it has a nuber of symbols on the water table as well as the barrels. Amoung them are; the letters F.J., what looks like a sheild with a helmet on top and a X on the sheild, the number 2 crossed by two guns, another sheild shape with the letters BP over an oval, and an oval with 12-70 in it that I suppose means 12 ga. 70mm on top of the barrels is a sheild with the letter J in it and an eagle above. It has rather nondescript engraving but very buitifull semi pistol grip stock with fine checkering. It has a SUPERB balance and shoots like a dream. I have some pics if it will help.
[/img]

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello,

Your shotgun was manufactured by Francisco JUARISTI. Under one chamber are stamped a capital letter, a little star and a number (like F*1, U*1, A*2). It's a code for the proof testing year. Give me the code and I will give you the year and explain you how to find it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
For the date try this:

http://www.spanishguns.com/date.html
For newer guns the date is usually stamped at the end of the serial number.

what looks like a sheild with a helmet on top and a X on the sheild THAT IS THE EIBAR STAMP OF PROOF, the number 2 crossed by two guns POSSIBLY A PRELIMINARY PROOF MARK another sheild shape with the letters BP over an oval SMOKELESS POWDER PROOF STAMP (NON MAGNUM|), and an oval with 12-70 in it that I suppose means 12 ga. 70mm CORRECT on top of the barrels is a sheild with the letter J in it and an eagle above.
The gun must be relatively old since F.J. does not make guns any more.

G

·
Sorry it tolk me so long but it seemed like no one had an answer at first and I forgot for a while. Anyhow it doesn't seem to those marks on it it does have something that appears to have been partially worn off while fitting but may be a U on it's side then the letters F.J . there does appear to be a small star like dot between the whatever and the F.J. I can take a pic if it will help!

·
Registered
383 Posts
* are used in the dates but they are usually between a letter and a number. Unless the F (in FJ) is an 1 that looks like an F tghe star does not appear to be part of the date.

It could be the choke.

If you sent a picture someone might be able to help you more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts