Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1955 Stoeger Zephyr 4e in 16 gauge manufactured by Victor Sarasqueta. It has a single non-selective trigger. It has 28 inch barrels and is choked the equivalent of full/full.

The gun is very tight and I don't believe it's been shot much. The only problem is recoil pad rubber which is hard and has an indent across the center from years of sitting in someone's gun rack.

Any idea what I could reasonably get for the gun?

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Pics help a lot to determine value. In very good condition, about $6-700. But the single trigger is a minus as well as the pad.

·
Registered
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...That was the asking range I was thinking about. I figured the single trigger would reduce the market of buyers since many prefer the more traditional double triggers. I found a blue-book value of a very similar model from the same time period and the single trigger added 66% to the value. Since both barrels are choked the same, there is no value in double triggers or a selector.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Spanish single triggers are iffy as far as reliability goes, so people who know, shy away from them. However, I have an Aya Matador, made in 66, that has had a lot of use and no problems.

If you are going to sell it, take it somewhere and test fire it a few times to make sure it switches reliably after the first shot; and that it does not 'double'; second barrel going off a nano second after the first. That smarts.

If it does OK, report it is OK when you sell it.

Vicotor Sarasqueta guns are well made. It probably has chopper lump barrels which is a selling point also. Look for a fine seam down the middle of the barrel locking lumps.

·
Registered
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Patriot usa said:
If you are going to sell it, take it somewhere and test fire it a few times to make sure it switches reliably after the first shot; and that it does not 'double'; second barrel going off a nano second after the first. That smarts.
I shot a round of skeet with it an it performed flawlessly. Only disappointment was that I couldn't shoot a straight with full choke. However, the one's I hit were crowd pleasers.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Sounds like a GO to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.