Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday I bought an o/u at the Belleville gun show. Recieved a reciept in my name, amount, serial number and dated. Filled out the form for the state to be called in by him. Looking forward to Sunday when I went to pick the gun up the man said theres no good way to tell you this but I changed my mind and didnt want to sell it. Is this the kind of vendors they have at these ECA sponsored shows? Or do I have any options? Been going to these things for 10 years now, paying 5 dollars to get in and this happens

· Registered
54 Posts
Yea, that stinks. I would mention it to the ECA and see what they had to say about it. More then likely there is nothing they would do to help you, but at they may ban him as a vendor. And at least you may help someone else avoid the same sitution.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did bring it up personally to the ECA's Bob Leckrone, the president. The only response I got was a roll of the eyes. Buyers Beware. They dont want to reprimand their own. They make their own rules. I guess they need to fill tables so they can pretend they are the largest in the area.

· Registered
29,913 Posts
Pat Daniels said:
Been going to these things for 10 years now, paying 5 dollars to get in and this happens
How many times has this happened to you before in these ten years? I've never had that experience, nor heard of it. It would be hard to fault the show's organizers . . . they aren't a party. If there is a bad experience on eBay or Gunbroker . . . the stance is they are a listing service or a conduit but in no way a party to the transaction.

Odd, but odds things happen. Pawnbrokers sell things daily that people have claimed they would never, ever, ever part with. Perhaps frustrating, but not heart surgery either.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Randy
This has happened only once through the years and once is enough for me. I dont spend 1400 dollars that often at these. Hopefully no one else will have to experience this.
After getting to know many vendors and talking to them, they all said it was wrong and to bring it to the president of the ECA's attention. Which I did. No response.
Now if you have a bad experience on ebay ect. They have a resolution center. You can report issues as illegal activity, feedback extortion, a buyer doesnt pay or resolving selling problems. They will address the issue.

· Registered
3,766 Posts
It's been awhile since I took a contract law course, but it seems to me that you entered into a legally binding contract with the seller. If so, the contract may be enforceable and the seller required to complete the sale.

Although I'm no fan of lawyers, you may want to consult one about this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.