Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
drsfmd said:
The bead unscrews... but keep in mind most feel that the light pipe takes your eye away from the bird, as it's brighter than the bird is...
This might be a problem but a worse problem is losing the perifrial vison of the gun in mixed camo background. The eyes go looking for it and you know what happens then...

It's a vision thing, for sure, and everyones vision is different.

·
Registered
545 Posts
rta48 said:
dugout, may I ask why you would ever want to see the barrel?
RTA48
Sure, because I want to hit what I'm shooting at... :wink:
Seriously, I focus on the target but need/want to see my barrel in my peripheral vision as a sustained lead shooter. Loose the barrel completely and my eye will leave the target to find it and that is bad Juju, gun stops; and I'm toast. There is a fine line and it's a personal vision thing, for sure. I have a very strong target focus so I can handle a little more bead brightness. If someone has trouble focusing on the target and their eyes tend to come back to the barrel bead brightness is the last thing they need.

rta48, do you subscribe to the "you don't need anything on the barrel" group?

·
Registered
545 Posts
oneounceload said:
focus on the BIRD, not the sight/rib/barrel - your scores will thank you for it
I think that has been said at least twice... :roll: Even with an intense target focus it's misleading to infer one can lose awareness of where the barrels are and be consistent. Gun fit to where one looks is where one points, and shoots, sounds romantic and all great but it's ignores reality. That might be the way the someones conscious mind sees it but it's not the way the subconscious mind works. Lose reference to the barrels and the shot is gone. Maintain this reference with peripheral vision while, and again, maintaining an intense target focus.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.