Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a High Standard c-100 Supermatic Trophy 12ga. I fired it for the first time last night (10-23-02). I love the way it feels and shoots. I originally got it to be an upland bird gun. After shooting it last night I want to use it as my do all gun. My problem is the choke. It has a compensator followed by adjustable choke on it. Anyone know if I can fire slugs from this gun if I open the choke? Can it handle steel shot? Any help would be great.Thank You

·
Registered
180 Posts
I tried one of those once in a 20ga. nice piece. If you open the choke up no problem firing slugs with imp.cyl. or cyl. I wouldn't shoot steel thru the gun. If you want to Duck hunt use Kent Non-Toxic, Impact shells. That's what I'm using now in a old Remington Model 11, cost alittle more but works fine. Check CheaperthanDirt listed on this web site, they carry the shells cheaper than I can buy locally. I use the same size as I did in the good old lead days before steel was required (#4's), great for decoy spread hunting. Shells

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Someplace on this website you can purcahse Gunsmithing: Shotguns, by Sweeney.In that book Sweeney claims that High Standard's Pump is almost identical to that of the Mossberg 500...."The parts are not interchangable, but some aspects of the design are so similar you would think that someone was stealing test answers from someone else. Or that the design engineers of both companies at lunch at the same place and drew notes on the tablecloth while eating."I thought that was interesting.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well heck look at the Rem 870 vs. Moss 500 The bolt to barr lockup style. Even my Mod 11 Rem has the same style, A Browning design I believe. Only one that's different is the Ithaca 37 and that's Browning too. Had the same tipper bolt style on the Win Mod 12. Now Win. rotatary bolt head is also used on the Bennili (can't spell it) I guess I'm getting at, why reinvent the wheel for a new model when the old one works so good. Shells

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Get the kid a Remington pump, maybe a smaller gauge.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Johnson02 said:
subject should read " looking for new auto" was arguing with mother-in-law about what to get my kids for x-mas.
Same thing was said by john305 on Sat Nov 02, 2002 see the 2nd post viewtopic.php?f=3&t=656

Johnson02, you've been copying and pasting several unrelated statements from different old posts, which they don't make any sense...not sure what you are trying to do, but please stop. Thanks. {hs#

·
Registered
21,807 Posts
I guess this is the new way to spam, drag up a bunch of old threads :roll:

cdb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts