Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shootoreload - thanks. What powder would you use for 12ga. 7/8 oz. @ 1350 fps. and keep pressure not over 10,000psi? Did you not like the performance of International?

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
4th. down said:
Shootoreload - thanks. What powder would you use for 12ga. 7/8 oz. @ 1350 fps. and keep pressure not over 10,000psi? Did you not like the performance of International?
I loaded mine to 1250fps and performance was fine. It's just that normally I'd use a faster powder. Since you're loading 1350fps screamers, International would be an excellent choice.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Shoot2reload said:
4th. down said:
I loaded mine to 1250fps and performance was fine. It's just that normally I'd use a faster powder. Since you're loading 1350fps screamers, International would be an excellent choice.
:) I agree with S2R with one caveat only. i use the 7/8 load almost exclusive and enjoy it however i use promo and 17.0 gr. gets it done and breaks rocks.saves your shoulder and saves a few bucks in the process. but you will never go wrong with what you have except a sore shoulder.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
4th. down said:
Is there a particular reason that you want/need 1350 fps?

I load and use some 7/8 oz loads to 1250 fps that I use for trap, mostly singles, skeet, and sporting clays.

When I run them through my trap gun they will smoke ball targets, but they are oh so easy on the shooter and help make the shot supply stretch out over more shells.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
OK,

I have never shot true bunker, the closest we have around here is what we call wobble trap, some call it international, where it's shot from a regular trap house with a wobble trap in it. The more fun (challenging) places to shoot it also put it in the 3 or 4 hole, (not sure which, but know it's wider than the 2 hole) and speed up the targets too.

Having said that International clays would be a good powder for what you are looking to do. They have loads listed in their loading recipe manual.

I use either clays or red dot for the 1250 loads that I make along with a downrange XXL pink wad, which is a direct substitute for the winchester WAAL gray wad. I really like the XXL pink wad for th 7/8 oz loads in remington and winchester hulls.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I loaded about 500 of these loads for skeet using AA hulls, green dusters and 20.3 grains of int. clays. They load well and the recoil is very light. To stick with the green dusters I think you have to use the same amount of powder you would in a 1 ounce load to keep the crimps from getting too dished. You end up using more powder than if you switched to a true 7/8 ounce wad, but they work just fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.