Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last March I bought a few bags from a vendor in Tucson at less than $50 bag. Wanting to get more I contacted the supplier via email. He said he had shot @ $45 bag but he never sold small amounts before, I explained the USPS "If it fits it ships " program to them ( $16 more or less). He acted like he never heard of the program and would look into it. I never heard back.
I believe he is in Utah and has a Facebook page where I got the info to contact him.
Does anyone know about the Hot Shot brand?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
A Utah "lead melt and shot drop" operation makes it, and I have used the shot successfully. It has been available at times at Sportsmans' Warehouse, which has a corporate presence in Salt Lake City area. Have not seen any for last 3 years, though. Not an especially hard pellet. It had only a moderate amount of use around here (New Mexico) AFAIK.

good luck, garrisonjoe

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Not speaking for the Owner (Tony), but they make it in Springville, UT just south of Provo, UT. I've been to the plant twice . Picking up a 50 bag order on Sunday at the Utah State Trap Championship Shoot. They no longer make shot for Sportsmans Warehouse. I've been using it exclusively for about 4 years now at Skeet, Trap, & Sporting Clays. It's controlled to about 6% antimony. Good stuff.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Until a few months ago, I could but Hotshot at my local Sportsmens. They also typically had Eagle shot. SW has had neither for months now, at least in my area. Do you know why SW stopped getting Hotshot? One thing I can tell you about Hotshot compared to Lawrence, it has a lot less Graphite. It tends to ding up my charge bar dogbone insert more than Lawrence. I now add extra graphite to the bags of Hotshot I have left.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Until a few months ago, I could but Hotshot at my local Sportsmens. They also typically had Eagle shot. SW has had neither for months now, at least in my area. Do you know why SW stopped getting Hotshot? One thing I can tell you about Hotshot compared to Lawrence, it has a lot less Graphite. It tends to ding up my charge bar dogbone insert more than Lawrence. I now add extra graphite to the bags of Hotshot I have left.
I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I shoot at Ben Avery, PHX AZ and Tony comes there and delivers shot at the big shoots. Last time he was there we were told that he was out of lead and was searching for a lead supplier. Also that SW was a company that was slow to pay so he did not want to continue to do business with them. So that leaves us with Thunderbird Cartridge Company in Laveen AZ for our lead needs, their lead shot comes from Peru. I doubt they will ship one bag at a time as typically they deal in larger orders, if you go there you can pickup single bags at the shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts