Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(The following article is provided by TheGunsSearch.com)

-Buying and selling guns on the web, what you should know.

If you have not bought or sold a gun on the net, there are a few simple things that you should know. First and foremost, remember that ALL FIREARMS LAWS APPLY whether you are online or in a retail storefront.

The steps are pretty easy for the individual, and can often yield some incredible deals. There is a potential for fraud on the internet, so make sure that whatever site you use requires users to register with real contact information. This helps insure that you are dealing with real sellers with a real item for sale, and responses from real buyers who want to purchase your items.

Step 1- Search the web for sites dedicated to the sales of firearms, or visit www.thegunsearch.com and we'll find them for you. Try locating some in our own FREE online firearms classifieds! (Ed. Or we can help at Shotgunworld.com)

Step 2- E-mail or call the private gun owner or federally licensed gun dealer who advertised the firearm on the net

Step 3- Have a National Instant Check System conducted through your local federally licensed gun dealer.

Step 4- The gun dealer will verify if you are qualified to purchase a gun and than send a certified letter to the federal gun dealer the seller will use to mail the firearm.

Step 5- The second gun dealer will verify the letter and have the gun specially delivered to the first dealer. All fees will be paid to the gun dealers that conducted the gun check.

·
Registered
120 Posts
In Georgia a current handgun permit precludes having a background check done each time, so would I still have to go thru the background check? Plus it sucks my law enforcement credentials don't mean squat when it comes to buying a gun, which makes me sad.

G

·
It may be different in some states, but under Federal law and in every jurisdiction I am aware of, the seller does NOT need to go through a FFL at his end of the transaction. The seller can ship direct to the buyer's FFL.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about this. Even some FFL's think that the seller must ship through their FFL, but it simply isn't so.

Even the state of Kalifornia agrees, as stated in this letter:

Dear Mr. Gray:
In response to your question about shipping an out-of-state over-under shotgun into California, a shotgun can be shipped by a private citizen into California as long as it is sent to a California licensed firearms dealer. There is no California requirement for the gun to be shipped by an FFL holder.
For additional information, please call 916/227-3703.
Sincerely,

Steven Teeters
Firearms Division
916-263-0849
fax 916-263-0676

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.