Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Grandfather left me his pheasant gun set..

I have been shooting the heck out of it over the last 15 years or so, but I want to make certain that I have it insured properly now that I have picked up a new gun rider on my homeowners...

Browning A5 Double Automatic Twenty-Weight, 12 gauge (of course) with two barrels, improved and modified. Gold inlay and gold trigger....
I don't think it is a 'high-value' piece, but i t means a lot to me. an I want to protect it

thanks if you know

Kevin

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Hello GAlGunner: When I see Browning A5 followed by Double Automatic Twentyweight, I get confused since they are two different guns!!

Do you have an A-5 12ga or do you have
the Browning Twentyweight double automatic. The double only holds 2 rounds, in the barrel chamber one in the mag tube. A Browning A-5 will hold on in the chamber, 2 in the magazine if plugged, 4 if not pluged.

Before an estimate of value, I would need to know which gun we are talking about, the A-5 could have a plain, solid ribbed, or vent rib barrel, where as the double auto came with either a plain or vent rib barrel. Also the double auto has an aluminum receiver that could be anodized in one of about four colors, since yours has gold in the engravings, I'll guess it's anodized black?

Can you tell us which gun you have?

Regards Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a browning automatic 16 ga. It's serial# is x39192. It is a plain barrel and has Browning Automatic FN on the butt plate. It is in great shape no scratches and the blueing is excellent. any idea on the date of manufacture or worth?

It was given to me by my late father inlaw.

R,
Jethro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.