Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you say pull? I normally just yell "PUULL" but some people say "ARRRGGGGGGGH" "PUUUUUUUUULLLL" "PULL-IT" so what do you say when calling for a target(s) Fantastic!! Browning, The Best there is because second best is well...second best.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I say it the old fassion way 'P'ull and it seems to work just fine. I dislike the way some of the guys yell tough, like they are herding cattle or about to hack out a lung. My wife refuses to shoot on the same squad with one guy. His WHYAAAAgh at full screem is too unsettling.:eek

·
Registered
96 Posts
I say this, "Okay throw the clay pigeon on my mark...now... now...NOW." Works really good. I never made it as a logger. I kept hollering, "Hey you guys! Look out for that great big tree I just cut down that's about to fall on you!" If they had just one word to warn the other loggers....Sometimes I say, "Pulu ci bagoomba", but if you are not in polynesia, it loses it's humor. Mike RossLife Member, NAHCMember, National Rifle AssociationMember, Meeker Co. Historical Society

·
Registered
96 Posts
LOL Gordon Setter! Yeah, sounds right for me too! Mike RossLife Member, NAHCMember, National Rifle AssociationMember, Meeker Co. Historical Society

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This guy i shoot with found a shirt (at the grand or somewhere like that) and it said "Pull" *bang* "Sh*t" that is the shirt i need only i don't say that exact 4 letter word at the end. Fantastic!! Browning, The Best there is because second best is well...second best.

·
Registered
520 Posts
You tend to find different styles in the different shotgun sports. I tend to say "ull" not much on the P. Someone ask me when we shot sporting clays how long I shot skeet. He said I sounded like most of the registered skeet shooters saying pull. I learned to shoot in St Louis at a regular trap and skeet club. Spend 5 years in Omaha NE and shot trap and clays there. Now live in Raleigh NC. I have heard the full range of the normal pull, to the pull it, to the growl. I think as long as the trapper can hear ya, use what works.

PULL ! Poof ! Love those smokeballs!

APEXDUCK

·
Registered
10 Posts
At the the state shoot here in california, they have some special new mikes where you have to say "pull" like exactly on, its kinda weird. I gotta taste of them, cause I shot a round with them at an ata shoot, I would hear someone say "pu-" and they would look at the mic like uhhh lol.

G

·
When I started my daughters shooting, (in the UK) the first gig they went to was a Skeet event. Now in the UK we say PULL for the high house and MARK for the low house, so there is no confusion of what you think you are shooting/which button you are pressing.

Later at home, my wife was asking the girls who they met and how they got on, and the youngest said, "but there were two men we never did see - the ones that throw the clays out, they are called Paul and Mark. :lol:

Have heard every thing from a spit out Pull that takes about a 1/10th second to a "wearggghhh" that lasts what feels like a minute.

I always teach short and sharp, as it will make sure your brain is in gear, letting the call drawl out will mean the brain is still getting up to speed.

Roger

·
Registered
130 Posts
We have an individual that used to shoot a lot of registered shoots and has even spent so time overseas. He says "Pull" for the high house, "Mark" for the low house and "Birds" for the doubles. Myself, I just say "Pull" fairly loudly and quickly. It normally goes something like "Pull, Bang, Sumb---h!! or Pull, Bang - Bang, Damn it!!" lol ---AFG

·
Registered
28 Posts
No Offense to the rest of you but SCG comes up with the best Poll's...

Speaking of which... u can tell how I am shooting by the way I yell pull... if I am focused and shooting well I am not thinking about yelling pull and it comes out kind of a short and crisp haaaa.. if I am thinking to much (which means I am missing to many) it comes out PULLLLLL!!! A guy a shoot with a ton has always shouted a Arghhhhhh... like a growl.. first time I shot with him I thought what the... lol used to it now...

SCG I am very familiar with that shirt you are speaking of!!! LMAO

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there,

There is this guy that I,ve seen at the club where I shoot, and when he says pull, It sounds like he is calling his dog, He is pretty darn good too. whatever works.

teal. :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
I used to say,"Ya shure now go ahead and trow dat little clay bird dat I'm goin ta shoot to pieces ya know den fer shure", but it just wasn't working.... :lol:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts