Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not posting this as a Political Post, just want to know from People that live in Virginia, how the gun laws are there.

I am thinking of buying a summer home on the Chesapeake Bay and since I kinow what has been happening in Maryland, I don't want to be on that end or eastern shore.

Thanks, Bob

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
Being I live right next door and keep up with it. Virginia CURRENTLY is favorable to gun rights.

BUT KEEP IN MIND. Look who is in the state house and make your own conclusions.

·
Registered
9,268 Posts
Even better question, how is West Virginia on dental care? :lol:

·
Registered
27,021 Posts
What's wrong with Sag Harbor in the summer? (Used to spend summers on Shelter Island)

Personally, being originally from NYC, I'd look for a winter home somewhere in SC, GA or FL where it's WARM in January............... :wink:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Maser said:
Even better question, how is West Virginia on dental care? :lol:
West Virginia actually invented the tooth brush. Anywhere else they would have called it a teeth brush.

VA is gun friendly IMO. There are plenty of regulations on concealed firearms and weapons though. Study the laws and learn where you can carry and where you can't etc. Learn the definition of what is considered a concealed weapon. If I am not mistaken, concealed weapons even covers things like sling shots. Double edged blades, daggers etc. are a no-no.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Another big thing in VA - firearms and drugs don't mix. Get caught with a firearm and drugs and it's an automatic five year sentence.

One important thing to know aside from gun laws are the laws concerning alcohol and driving. It's zero tolerance here so if you drink 1/4th of a beer and get caught driving you are in a world of hurt. They can take your license indefinitely and fine you a huge amount.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.