Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I do-My woderful 14 y/o daughter, who is the current YHEC junior girl champion for the state of Oregon-and my shooting partner and buddy....

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would like to comment on female hunters and shooters. I see more and more females hunting and shooting every year in my gun shop. It seems that a lot of married couples and young dating couples are hunting together. The females do very well with the rifles and shotguns and in a lot of cases, they do better than their male counterparts. I just wish I could find a female that loved to duck hunt as good as I do. That is the one specific type of hunter that I don't see much of in my area. Don't know if it is the hour of day we have to get out of bed or the strenous exercise we encounter when walking in to a duck blind. Keep up the shooting and hunting ladies. I for one and glad to see more females with guns. Just remember though................................Take a Kid Hunting or Fishing(and your girlfriend or wife too!)..................

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tell her congrats on winning things and to keep after it because they do trap and skeet at olympic levels!! Browning, The Best there is because second best is well...second best.

·
Registered
541 Posts
my wife has been shooting rifle and pistol for a few years with me. but when I told her I was getting into trap her response was "me tooo!" we went out looking at shotguns and she must have held at least 20 but she really likes the mossberg 500. so I went back today and picked her up a mossberg 500 combo. for our 2 year on nov. 10 I hope she likes it. ;) guns are like a wife......they can be your best friend or leave you hurting.

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
Congrats on getting your wife to come along with you, and she gets her own to shoot as well. Don't forget to toss in a flat of shells, she just may let you shoot out of them too. :) There is a fine line between a hobby and insanity.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YAY another woman shooter! Yea you might wanna buy a ton of shells. (we are addicted to shotgun's like we are shoes!) Browning, The Best there is because second best is well...second best.

·
Registered
541 Posts
my wife has more guns than shoes. not to sure if that is a good thing shoes would be cheaper. but at least the guns get used. I'll get her the gun she can get her and me some ammo.a gun is like a wife........they can be your best friend or they can hurt you.

·
Registered
160 Posts
John, having more guns that shoes is the way it should be, and I will continue to keep it that way."Goldens, great friends, better hunters" Edited by: goldenhunter02 at: 11/7/02 1:21:46 am

·
Registered
541 Posts
Well it would have been a great suprise to take her out with me and at the range pull out a nice wraped package and see her face when she saw it was her gun.And I would have remembered that it was on the 11th not the 10th..........I hate the sofa!........like her P.M.S. wasn't bad enough.

·
Registered
160 Posts
My most dearly beloved husband, if you don't want to find yourself perminently on the couch I would stop refering to whether or not I am suffering from PMS :) Love you. And thank you for the newest edition to my collection. But now you have to find something new for our anniversary. Good Luck. "Goldens, great friends, better hunters"

·
Registered
541 Posts
that we have coming already Jay, have been waiting on it for 6 weeks. soon we will both be able to be on line. I hope

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ummm more shells, a nice shooting vest. A new pickup to haul everything around in.I'm j/j Browning, The Best there is because second best is well...second best.

·
Registered
541 Posts
The shootin vest sounds like a good idea, I have never had one what do I look for for her. take my house,ok...my truck,mabey...my guns,NEVER!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I like the truck idea better. a new Suburban Or a new GMC 2500HD crewcab, duramax desiel, 5spd Allison auto, 4x4, Huntergreen. that would be SAWEEET!!!! :p "Goldens, great friends, better hunters"

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.