Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get this..our local walmart (where i generally buy my clays) sells the 90 count sts for 9.99 per box..I drove 50 miles this evening to a nearby town and happened to stroll into their walmart..the same exact clays..6.58.... :evil: i bought 20 boxes :lol: what pisses me off is our walmart has no competition and has us by the cod sack...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Here in Bloomington the 90 count box of Remington clays are $7.87 at wal-mart.
We have 4 other stores within 30 miles. Prices range from 1 to 2 dollars more.
Go figure :?

B.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Local wallmart price on the 90-count seems to vary between about 7 and 10 bucks/box.

Every once in a while they'll have the 135 count boxes at $6.87 or something like that and I'll really stock up.

I stocked up 2 years ago and am just now down to my last 3 boxes :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dick's and Dunhams had Champions on sale for $5.99 a case but it was limited on how many per customer.

There regular price is $7.99 on the Champions and Wallmart's range is between $7-$8 around here.

I did hit the mother load recently when I discovered several cases of targets in a relatives barn. I have to wonder if they are the same ones I helped unload from his Ramcharger 20 yrs ago. Nontheless they will be thrown and shot at. In his honor of course!!

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
Rastoff said:
At our range we paid about $8 for a box of 135 White Flyers. We bought a whole 40' truck full of pallets.
Not to be a know it all Ras, but as a (former) Over The Road Truck Driver, 40' vans (non-climate controlled trailers) have been mostly gone for years. The single long trailers are 53', and the tandems are 28' each. There may be some local delivery companies still using old 40 footers for LTL (less than load). In Michigan I think they still allow tandem 40's. In Australia they have TRIPPLE 53's! :shock:

"If you bought it, it came on a truck" (except hookers :lol: ...well, come to think of it...nevermind)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Here in Ky., we have a supplier that will deliver 135 count White Flyers for $10/box. Minimum order is 63 boxes (pallet).

·
Registered
24,443 Posts
At our range we paid about $8 for a box of 135 White Flyers. We bought a whole truck full of pallets.
(slightly edited)....This is what clubs I shoot at have done on both East and West coasts

Nody - you ever haul triples through NV? - they weren't 53's, but OAL was 110'

·
Registered
21 Posts
when I took snapshotMD to the range the other day, we and 2 others picked up 800 clays off the range. It was fun dodging all the lead shot :shock: but we got it done safely. JK :D . we did get the 800 clays off the range and shot (at) about half, took the rest home. Thats how much we paid. :D

·
Registered
968 Posts
A local gun shop has White Flyers for $27 a box of 136. :shock: Yes thats a two and a seven.

Sports Authority sells them for $12.99 a box of 135

I have not tried the shooting range because the cost in gas to pick them up would be more than the savings unless I filled up the bed of my truck, which I won't do because I don't need 10,000 targets.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I have found the farm stores (such as Big R, Rural King, Farm & Fleet) often run some pretty decent sales. Found some at a really good price one day and called my brother to find out if it was as a good a deal as I thought. His answer was to check his garage to find out how many he had space for. After checkout, they put my order on a low-boy cart. I drove up to the front and a kid from the store helped me load 'em up. :) They must have had even more in stock, 'cause they didn't bat an eye.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think we pay California prices for everything here. Wal*Mart's price for 90 Champions is $9.99.

Cabelas often sells 90s for $8.99 and 135s for $11.99 but that's 42 miles one way and Sportsman's (30 miles one way) sometimes sells 135s for $12.99.

Generally the cost of living is high in the Reno/Carson City area.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts