Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,I was wondering if ya'll could help me settle my curiosity. I was wondering what is the average price in your area for different clay sports and memberships. Here in Green Bay, WI it costs $8 a week for trap league (Tue and Thur $4 a night), $12 a round for sporties and $6 a round for 5 stand (plus tip for the thrower). The gun club cost $50 a year per family, up to 4 in a family. Now I'm not counting clays or shells in this. That would just get to complicated with the deals some find and reloading and all.I was also wondering about interest in an indoor range. One that was open to the public and had regular rifle/slug lanes, pistol lanes and 5 stand or trap. What would you pay to shoot 5 stand inside?I'm not saying I'm gonna build a place like this, I just like to think about this type of thing. Let the dog hunt the birds, ... you hunt the dog.Edited by: GordonSetter at: 2/17/03 1:21:15 pm

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well, there are 2 places I go to. Triple B Clays and Point Mugu Military Base.Triple B Clays: Goto www.triplebclays.com for pricesPoint Mugu: $3 for skeet/trap/wobble skeet A woman has the last word in any argument. Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Gordonsetter, there's a club 3 miles from me it has trap ,skeet , sporting clays, indoor pistol range , it's all really new, the main part is less than 10 and the pistol range is less than 5, it's been shut down for four years now.Don't know what the day cost was above the cost per round. but interest was really light. Edited by: MarlandS at: 12/29/02 12:43:54 am

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
The one that I frequent has a $50 a year membership fee...but is open to the public. We have trap and skeet and they both run $5 a round, $4 for members, and $3 for working members, those are the folks that volunteer to be range managers once per quarter.There is a sporting clays place that has 2 courses and that runs $35 per 100. They also have two 5-stand setups that run about $7 per 25. And if you really want to spend some cash, they also have a live pigeon shoot. To enter is $1000....the pots can get really big! There is a fine line between a hobby and insanity.

·
Registered
263 Posts
$50 for a couple but you don't have to be a member its 3.00 for a round of trap. not for sure bout skeet since i'm not a skeeter Browning, The Best there is because second best is well...second best.

·
Registered
6 Posts
South of Kansas CIty is a small range with two skeet/trap fields--no membership fee and $5 per round. PowderCreek over on the KS side charges a yearly membership fee of $150 and then $3.50 per skeet or trap round, $5.00 per 5 stand and $27.50 for 100 target sporting clays.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here in Central Florida, the rates at TM Ranch are much higher - $7 for trap/skeet 8.50 for 5 stand, membership reduces those rates, but the membership is $150 with a $100 set up fee the first year.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
We pay $35 for membership (annual) and $3.50 per round of skeet (non-profit club). Sporting clays is more expensive, between $16-$20 per round (for profit club).

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Ouch! The prices went up!I shoot at Bull Run Shooting Center. It's a public shooting range; no annual fees. Bull Run fees Skeet & Trap - $4.25/25 targets. $3.95/25 weekdays- discount card 25 rounds for $875-Stand - $6.50/25 targetsClays - $17/50. $16/50 weekends- discount card 5 rounds for $76The Sporting Clays course is changed once per month I believe.In the warmer months there tends to be a competition of some sort on Sundays (skeet/clays/etc).The NRA HQ is 7 miles away with an indoor range for handguns and rifles. I don't know the fees off the top of my head.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for answering my questions. I have another one for ya:Has anyone seen, heard of or better yet been to an indoor trap range with real clays and guns?I have come up with a design that should work, but I am by no means brillant or a range designer. This leads me to believe that someone must have at least tried it before. Any info anyone has would be great. Or you can just throw money at me untill I have enough to build the thing from scratch, a couple of mil should do. :lol Let the dog hunt the birds, ... you hunt the dog.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I don't know if they ever did anything with it, but Winchester, in the late 70's talked about indoor ranges...be interesting to see their plans, if any.I have recently seen some figures on special-use buildings, like for tennis or golf, and it is almost impossible to make a proft from this type of special-use building. However, if you could figure-out how to hang a shooting range within a dome, used for golf, soccer and the like, you would have a ready market. Further, there are still a lot of empty warehouses around the country.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts