Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Check with Brley, you know, the people who make the tubes you want in 410. I believe they willl convert to mechanical for about $50. You will need to have that done, or get skeet springs for the shotgun. I would opt for mechanical triggers on all inertial cocking guns. Hit 'em hard!

·
Registered
75 Posts
No such thing as a dumb question. OK, there is, but this is not one.

Mechanical triggers on O/U reset (change to the other barrel) when you release the trigger. It mechanically changes from one barrel to another.

Inertia triggers use the recoil of the shotgun to reset the trigger. They have a inertia block (weighted block) that moves foreward under recoil. When it moves foreward, it disconnects the trigger from the sear. A light spring then pushes it back against the sears and when you release the trigger, the inertia block engages the unfired sear and you are ready to fire the other barrel.

The problem they're talking about is if you have a 410 O/U with inertia triggers, you basically have a fancy single shot. Not enough recoil to reset the triggers.

Thanks,
Lee
http://thearmsroom.com

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks Lee. Always said folks from Colorado were mighty nice.
I guess that what happens to my 12 ga. Citori from time to time. When it happens, I just bump the butt on something.
Do all Brownings have inertia triggers and can they be changed correctly to mechanical?

·
Registered
75 Posts
MOST Brownings have inertia triggers. I learned a long time ago not to say all, always or never, cause it can come back to bite you.

Most can be converted, but unless you have a 12 ga with 410 tubes, it may not be worth it. I do not know the cost, but I can't imagine it being very cheap.

By the way, I'm from Georgia. I just happen to live in Colorado.
Drink some sweet tea for me.

Thanks,
Lee

·
Registered
155 Posts
Better not confuse the guys on the forum with our lingo. I already got a PM wanting to know what gauge can you buy grits. Natchez is great place; having hard time right now with IP closing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.