Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Hi guys; Been loading brass shotgun shells since i was a wee tot.(50years). Tryed the plastic roiute, but the black powder melts the plastic shell and the plastic wads. You can guess what kind of mess you have in the barrel. The "old type" read thin, brass shell are a lot thinner than the plastic and some of the newer machine turned shells. So, if you are loading the thinner shells you will have to find some larger wads. In my 12ga. I use 10ga overpowder and filler wads. To keep the shot in I use an 8ga. over the shot wad and a little silcon glue around the edge of the top wad. Check the books for the load that best suits you. And, there are a bunch of them!!! One last thing, I found hot/mag primers seem to work the best. Oh yea, learn to shoot then duck so you can see if you hit the target!! Lots of smoke.

· Registered
85 Posts
Back again. :oops: Dummy me forgot to let you know where I get my wads. "Ballistics Products" has almost every kind of fiber wad you will ever need. It is great to show up at the clubs and fire off a shot of black powder. You will get a lot of "What the ----? was that?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.