Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 12ga Auto 5 serial no. 7G 11250, and two barrels #N559858, and #017915. Both barrels are from one of two guns owned by my grandfather, and I now own one of those (the 7G). Is there a way to date the barrels and figure out which one originally was supplied with my gun?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
7g is 1967 manufacture, I dont think there is a way to match the barrels to the gun. Just make sure you get the barrel you prefer (length and choke)

Otheer than that don't worry too much about it, if you ever sell it the buyer will not be able to tell if it was the factory barrel either.

Jeff

·
Registered
24 Posts
Some Auto-5s, like the 1952 gun that I have, have the serial number engraved on the barrel as well as the receiver. Look on the side of the barrel ring.

My gun has matching serial numbers on the receiver, the barrel, and the buttstock. Maybe yours does too.

Mike G

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
MD, When your gun was made they matched the numbers receiver to the gun. But by the time hios gun was made in 1967 they had stopped matching serial numbers.

Jeff

By the way, '52 is a nice year to own. It is the first full year they had a cross block safety.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts