Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, Please pardon my ignorance. I have been reading a lot of back posts here trying to learn a few things. My question is, How do you know if the shotgun you are interested in buying is made in the U.S.A or made by one of our allies? I was thinking of buying a single-shot NEF, but it is my understanding that it is made in china. That got me to thinking. Now I am considering the Spartan Single-shot and I think it is made in Russia from what I have gathered from reading many of the posts here. Most people had good things to say about the spartan. Cheap, Rugged, good throw around gun. Is there an American company that produces a single-shot shotgun that would fit the bill? I have read the horror stories of people who bought the Snake Charmer II and I think it is best if I pass that one up. Might get a good one, might not.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
the spartan single shot is a great gun, i bouth three of them as christsmas presents! they are very good guns! singl shot for 100$ with a break open action! you cant beat that!
Ya, I'm sure you'll get your full $100 worth out of them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You refered to the Snake Charmer II, there are two of them out there, one made in Texas, the REAL one distributed From Kansas City..The original is a good little camp gun,, the one from texas is JUNK..
The SPARTAN, is REMINGTON, used to be BAIKAL, made in Russia,, I have the Trap model, single Barrel, BAIKAL, very good gun for the money,, made in RUSSIA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.