Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got one dove and that "you moron" look alot from my dog.
I had six shots at doves that were about twenty yds around eight that were twenty plus and one at about five yds.My dog started walking to other fields where they were hitting birds.I can't blame him.Hope yours was better than mine.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Got 7. I brought along a 14 yr. old boy on his first dove hunt and he got 4.
I would have got my limit, but I have one hell of an excuse.
There were several of us (8 people including a 7 year old girl as bird dog) that were on BLM land. There were dwellings about 400 yards from us in the northeast, southwest, and northern directions. We were doing our thang, and low and behold. A lil' truck comes scrambling out from one of the house's. He was haulin' down the dirt road and he hit his brakes for the first hunter. Slidin' to a stop, tons of dust about, he starts cussing out our friend about our early morn hunt and how they are his birds that he feeds. Next thing we know, he's rippin' up the dirt road throwing rocks everywhere. He spins his truck around in a 180 and heads back from where he came from. there were 2 4x4 quads off to the left of his truck so he plows into one of them, which slids it a good 10 feet. In the process, he hits a hunter with his vehicle. By this time, the hunter has already loaded 2 shells of 12 GA. buckshot and fired them into the tailgate and rear window of the truck as he was making his escape. I managed to call 911 on my cel and I had to go to a corner street/road so I could tell the sheriff's dispatch of our locale. I viewed all this from about 125 feet away. The good part was the gentleman who got hit was only slightly hurt. One of the bad part's is a 7 year old girl was a witness along with the 14 yr. old kid that I brought. I can only hope their memory of this will prepare them for what the worst in human nature can conjure up, and they will learn how to handle future engagements from these a**hole greenies without confrontation.
I do have to say this.... If I were in that guys shoes (the one who got hit...) Somebody would have been in the morturary, and it wouldn't have been me. I am not a violent person, but this is outrageous.
Thanks for letting me vent...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whoa thats amazang.A hunter out here in CA was beaten with hiking poles a few years ago.And when walking my dog I had a ducks unlimited shirt on and was told to "fu## off animal killer" and they threw a rock at me.
good thing these protest groups are "non-violent" yeah right.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i heard about that guy who got who was beaten with the hiking poles.they never caught the guys.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I traded my Glock for my shotgun strait up...maybe that was a bad idea. I'm glad I will be dove hunting on private property with the owners hunting with me haha. That is some scary stuff out there...be careful guys!!

·
Registered
439 Posts
hey Pigeon. Get a Moderator on these spammers.

another reason to require registration....

Ps picking up my 20ga wingmaster this weekend. up in your neck of the woods Pigeon. getting all excited already. Got to practice up for Dove opener.

Thinking of using the hevishot #9's for dove opener... :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts