Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work with a guy who was stationed oversees. He bought 3 Huglu shotguns 2 103FE with sgr14 engraving and the choke tube sets and 1 601gb with the choke tube sets. He needs some money and wants to sell them. $600 ea for the 103FE and $200 for the 601gb. This sounds like a no lose deal. Any and all inf. is welcome.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Ken,
If you do a search on Huglu on this site you'll find a wide variety of opinions on these guns. I've seen good and bad. I have never owned one, but have come close more than once.
The best person I know to ask this question to would be Mark DeHaan @ DHShotguns http://www.dhshotguns.com he imports "superior" grade Huglus under his own name and does a pretty nice business. He is a real straight shooter and would give you his best at valuing these guns. Plus for around the same price he might sell you one of his :D

Hope this helps a little

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thanks for that...that link was to some very nice looking shotguns.
Bill

G

·
The Huglu 103 FE is made in Konya Turkey. I'm stationed overseas currently and have been looking into buying several Huglu and Arthemis shotguns. Here they sell for approximately $500-600. I've heard in the states they go for about $1200+ depending on where you buy them. I was actually going to drive up to the factory and see what they can offer. They only make 45,000 shotguns per year, and the quality is incredible. They are known for producing collectors shotguns. If you know anything else about them, please feel free to email me at [email protected].

Zane

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought one at a gun show for $800...so $600 is great deal. I have also wondered about quality - depending upon which site you read, some gunsmiths are really negative, but then I read where people have over 3000 rounds through their guns with no problems. So, for now - I think I will keep the 104f I bought and hope for the best

·
Registered
21,931 Posts
I have the CZ Canvasback, which is the Huglu 103 C or D, can't remember, they are the same action, just a different finish, I bought mine in Dec of 2008 and have over 20,000 rounds through it with no problems so far.

cdb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts