Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local gun shop today looking at new guns and me and the gun guy got to talking about just about everything. One thing he said that really caught my attention was he said the CZ o/u was a knock off of beretta. Wheither that's true or not is another story. Sense he said that I've been wondering what the CZ o/u compare to internally. Is the design internally and the way the gun locks up similar to other brands? Also with the type of metals they us? If so what other brands and how are they similar? If what he said was true I find this very interesting! Thanks guys

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
I think it is fair to say that the Huglu guns are "knock-offs" of other guns. The Turks did not invent shotguns and why would they try to reinvent the wheel when there are so many good wheels out there to copy?

I doubt however that they are a "true copy" of any other gun. Chances are they have "borrowed" a little here and a little there. Can't say whose guns they most closely resemble though, as I haven't owned enough different brands to comment.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Yeah... don't believe everything your local gun dealer tells you. The only similarities between the two are that the both have two barrels, configured in a vertical manner. Oh, we can't forget that the both have a stock, a top lever, and a foreend... I guess they do have a lot in common.

Seriously, they don't even use the same style of lockup... the lockup on the CZ is more like a Browning, with an underbite.

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
Thanks Doc!

Are you aware of any single brand that the Huglu O/Us or SxSs closely resemble or would you say they are strictly "a little borrowed here and a little borrowed there"?

·
Registered
22,720 Posts
They do not shoot like a Beretta, I can't hit squat with a Beretta, :( but with the CZ Canvasback I am not to bad. What do they resemble, I have no clue, but I like them.

cdb

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
2few-- I don't think it's really a "knockoff" of anything per se, at least not anything I've encountered thusfar. As I mentioned before, the lock up is in the Browning style (but so are LOTS of guns out there), but beyond that, the rest isn't obviously copied from any source I can identify.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.