Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from vacation and obtained the above from an 80 year old uncle. He said it was my grandfathers. It isn't stamped LC smith or anything so I don't think it has any real value(I'll never sell it anyway), but I'm curious as to age. It has some rust, but the wood is in real good shape and seems to function fine. I've wanted one of gramps' firearms for 30 years and am tickled to death to finally have it. My uncle said he always remembers the gun being around in his lifetime. The stocks are checkered and it is engraved on the sides next to where it breaks. Thank you.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
If I'm reading the chart right it's 1920..

it sounds like a Fulton Special with the engraving and checkering I think it's in the $450 - $500 range (for insurance purposes because I'm betting you'd never sell it)...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MarlandS, thanks for your response. You are right, I'll never sell it. I've wanted it for years and my uncle finally said he wanted me to have it when I stopped by for a visit with him while vacationing. I was shocked when he offered it to me. It meant a lot to him, he cried when he handed it over.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thought I would add a funny side note about this. After I posted my request I did some searches here. I noticed info directing Hunter-Fulton questions should be directed to the Cody Firearms Museum. On my way back home after picking up the shotgun I spent 2 days going through the museum. It was 620 miles out of my way, but I wanted to see it. I had the gun locked in my tool box while I was there-2 days ago. I think I'll write them to see if they can tell me where it was originally shipped. The museum is GREAT! All firearms lovers will enjoy it. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts