Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I rember my first buck.
during the rut here in virginia and i was hunting with my muzzi (knight dis 50 cal) using my primos can call and the grunt call and after about an hour saw 4 does running out of this field towards me and my heart droped.(not planning on shooting the does due to the rut) here out of no where a buck is straight pushing these does. from where i was the buck looked like a B&C buck. I grunted at it about 15 yards away and it stoped. BAM!!!!!!!! deer runs 10 yards and i hear a crash. (YES YES YES YES) my first buck. there was still an hour of light left so i let him be and reloaded my gun. saw 22 more deer a nice 8 but to far. i got out and followed the blood trail. i go up to it and saw that it is down for the count. (little 4) i was still stoked but it looked like a monster running toward me.

Ill rember this moment my whole life.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My favorite happened yesterday I was out squirrl hunting with my dad and my bro (bang20) ha ha
We were shaking vines and whatnot when out comes a squirrl I shot it twice and killed it :lol:

We went to other trees but the squirrls died after many shots in nest and the didn't fall out :(

But we were on our last tree b/c we were ready to go and it was getting dark My dad shook the vines and out comes a racoon I shot him twice too but he fell down and was walking away when my dad shot him with his rifle

I used a Beretta AL391 Urika

Image is coming[/img]

·
Registered
839 Posts
I guess it would be when I got my Goose, a huge goose in a wooded swampy area overlooking a pretty big pond. Real early in the morning, we werent out there for 20 mins and flock came up over us and BOOM, he fell down in the water and we had to shoot him again to put him out of his miseroury(I dont feel like figuring out how to spell that :p)....

-Rob

·
Registered
839 Posts
What is the age limit for whitetail in your guys states?? Im pretty sure New York is one of the only stupid states and makes it 16, I dont have that long to wait but sure wish I could have gone sooner.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think there is one. If you hunt on public land you have to get a license, and there might be an age limit on that. I know there are people that are 12 or 13 and they have gone deer hunting.

·
Registered
36 Posts
any age here in virginia as long as you have your hunter safty course. there souldnt be an age whitetail hunting is an american passion

·
Registered
839 Posts
Yes I agree but some of the states in the northeast like to make stupid laws. Massechusetts is the worst, one of my shooting friends lives there and he says its a hassle.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey what's up? I got another hunting moment to share
My dad brother and I went squirrel hunting and got 4 squirrels I used a Browning A-5, my brother used a Beretta something, and my dad used a .22
There were more than 4 squirrels that we shot and mortally wounded but they ran off or climbed in a tree and died. ^77

·
Registered
585 Posts
i had an eight pointer came out on me and i was shaking so much i couldnt even aim the deer was big and it didnt look normal because it was like red orange the fur color was cool. about 3 weeks later i was talking to a guy that hunts the next patch of woods over and he got that deer because he told me about the weird looking fur

1 - 16 of 16 Posts