Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if ithaca made any single barrel guns that weren't trap guns. i have several model 37 , but love to hunt with a single barrel. i have a copy of "the ithaca gun company: from the beginning" on the way so im sure it will answer my question, but thought i would ask.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Have not seen an Ithaca Model 66 single barrel for sometime.At the time I believed Ithaca advertized the Model 66 as ,"The Super Single."It was a different looking single shot with a finger lever.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
was the lefever another division under ithaca. several guns i have looked at online will say "lefever arms company ithaca, ny"

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Lefever Arms Co. of Syracuse, New York, was bought out by a shell corporation in early 1916, and all the assets and the rights to use the Lefever name in the manufacture of shotguns was moved to Ithaca. A short time later ownership of this corporation, Lefever Arms Co., Inc. was transfered to the owners of Ithaca Gun Co.-- George Livermore, Louis Smith, Claude Smith, Paul Livermore and Eunice Smith. Through 1919, this corporation, operating within the plant of Ithaca Gun Co. finished and sold off the remaining inventory of side-plate Lefever guns. In 1921, this corporation introduced the lower priced Lefever Nitro Special, still operating as a seperate corporation. The Model 2 single barrel and the Model 3 SBT were added to the Lefever line in 1927, and the Model 4 double barrel vent rib trap gun in 1929. Also in 1929, the family formed another corporation, Western Arms Corp., to build an even lower priced double the Long Range Double. Lefever and Western continued to operate as seperate corporations into 1933. By 1934, Lefever and Western guns are marked as being made by the Lefever or Western Branches of Ithaca Gun Co., Inc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.