Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Lefevers have become collectors items, and many reside in gunsafes most of the year.

I take a different approach and enjoy actually using my Lefevers in the field. This week, I took a GE grade 12 ***** to South Dakota for a pheasant hunt near Huron. Mine is bored IC and IM, 30" steel barrels, and a 191X birthday.

The old Lefever performed well, I was pleased to make a few nice crossing shots at 40 to 50 yards, as well a many closer ones. Together we limited (3 birds/day), and held our own amidst a plethora of autoloading Remingtons and Berettas. I used handloads with 1-1/4 oz. of #5's in AA hulls.

Uncle Dan would have been pleased.

JERRY

·
Registered
120 Posts
I too enjoy hunting with both of mine. I have an EE grade Lefever Arms gun and a Dan Lefever 7D. The Dan Lefever is a strange one because the cross bolt is round where it is seen on the receiver but square where it goes thru the barrel lug. The dimensions are perfect for me and I can hit with either one easier than anything else I have tried. Maybe its a mental thing due to the price!!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I hunted Pheasants this past week with a May 1935 - vintage Model 5 Lefever A Grade 20-gauge skeet gun with all the options except ejectors. Their 1935 idea of skeet chokes measuring .008" and .014" did well on the ditch chickens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts