Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just woundering, with all the happy Lanber owners don't you think it's time we had are own "I Love My Lanber sight." What do you guys think????

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Yes, there is a lot of discussion lately regarding Lanbers. It may make sense to consolidate these discussions into one place.

I'd had never given much thought to them until a few days ago. Are they perhaps and exception to the "you get what you pay for" rule of thumb??

It seems like the opinions on the "value guns" in general go 50/50, with some falling apart on their first outings, having to be returned en masse, and gunsmiths refusing to "touch" them. Yet I have done a ton of research online including on other forums and I have yet to hear bad things about the Lanbers?

If you have a Lanber horror story, please share it! There is much talk about the 2097. What about the autos and their cycling? They are all darn good looking guns in my opinion, and I am starting to wonder if they represent some of the best deals out there. So do tell if you think otherwise!!

G

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
One more thing.... if they expanded their lines to include a youth gun as well as more 20 gauges, they might become one of the hottest sellers.

·
Registered
468 Posts
gar-dog said:
Yes, there is a lot of discussion lately regarding Lanbers. It may make sense to consolidate these discussions into one place.
Yet I have done a ton of research online including on other forums and I have yet to hear bad things about the Lanbers?

G
gar-dog,
Where can you get the best deal on them? I'm looking at the 2087 model because it is lighter than the 2097. CDNN doesn't have any and Riverview will not return any messages back. I have questions about the 2087. Where are other forum(s) that have info. on them? Any help would be appreciated...
thanks

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
ShoottheBest:

They seem hard to find. CDNN seems the place though in general. You might contact the manufacturer and ask for a dealer. [email protected]

I have just Yahoo-searched Lanbers and many of the results are forum items and reviews from all different sources.

Thanks,
G

·
Registered
613 Posts
I think CDNN is down to the 28 inch barreled 2097 at this point in time. It appears the 30 inchers are gone, according to CDNN's latest flyer.
FWIW is there enough interest in having a 'Love my Lanber' site .? .. Are there enough players who own Lanbers to make it viable. ? ... Seems these 'love' sites are very useful to those who own a particular brand of shotgun. If the interest for a Lanber site picks up count me in.! ..

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Now, if only Lanber would offer a 20 ga. version of the 2097 here in the states I'd really be happy! :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
I love my Lanber(s) Got a semi auto for all of $225 it's only problem to date was the stock developed a hairline crack! (about 5000 rounds) shipped it to Batchelders (Lanbers repair gunsmith, Very highly thought of outfit) new stock no questions asked.
Bought the 2087 30 inch barrels (found out a few snuck thru! I got one)! It's problem, I have to clean the trigger mechanisim about 2 times a year. Seems there's a opening on the bottom of the receiver and some reloading crud can get in there (read shot and other junk). Goes into safe mode, Prevents the second shot. I got it broke in 1 week It open so easy and smooth... Oh yeah, the safety button spring broke in half ,my fault for trying to disable the safety, still worked tho, but had it fixed. Drove over to Batchelders and it was fixed before I finished breakfast.
The new ones in the Lanber cataloug look great!!different checking and some other updates..If I had a complaint I'd like to get the external chokes for a little more barrel!! I wrote to Lanber they said Wingshooters here in Mich was a dealer but they havn't written back.
Supposed to be the top selling gun in the UK but a Brit buddy of mine said he never heard of it and wouldnt know where to go in the UK to buy one, cause of their gun laws.

Anyway I do indeed love my Lanbers

(I'll be politically corrrect)
Happy Holidays all and shoot well

Ray

·
Registered
209 Posts
Lanber OU's are a popular choice of gun for those new to shotgun shooting over here. You only have to look in any of the shooting magazines to find dealers. Having said that, I've not seen any adverts for the SA, maybe that it what your friend is referring to.

I'm very happy with mine, by the way.

Rob

·
Registered
131 Posts
Long:
I didn't fill in all the holes My friend is a PHD from england and didnt take up any shooting sports till he had the good fortune to meet me!!! Then he was promptly introduced to Handguns, Rifles and Shotguning!! He commented one day that it's a bit restrictive in the UK, so he never did any shooting!!
Anyway he's hooked now and I think he and his wife are probably staying in the US.
My next victim is a Japanese fellow that moved in...He's never shot before either..
Hey..Best Regards and Happy Holidays..

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
A couple of years ago my gun club got a Lanber as a loaner. Paid $500 for it, not sure of the model but similar to 2097. I was very impressed in the fit and finish of the gun. Saw them at the 2005 SHOT Show and was also impressed. Have recommended them to friends as entry level guns. The other day, I asked my friend at the club,"Whatever happened to that Lanber you bought?" He went and got it out of the safe and showed it to me. It was definitely broken but not sure just how. I remember that it felt like it was not pivoting on the hinge pins correctly and consequently would not close and lock up. Have no idea how many rounds have been through it but this one at least did not seem to hold up.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
The problem I see here is that the gun was "communal" property, so I suspect there was really no one who was taking care of it.... cleaning, lubing etc. Couple that with heavy usage and it's a prescription for disastor, no matter what the brand.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Slightly (ok a lot) off topic, it is very easy to get into clay shooting over here. If you are of "good character", you are entitled to have a low capacity shotgun. The problem is that we have a anti-gun media, who like like to promote un-reasoned hysteria amongst the ill-informed public. Shooting is one of the safest and fastest growing sports this side of the pond.
Getting back on-topic, Lanbers have the reputation of being a solid, reliable gun.

Rob

·
Registered
131 Posts
Claydoc:
Certainly have the club contact Batchelders and ship the gun to them! That gun has a 5 year warranty. Batchelders is held in high regard throughout this forum.

I called and visited them this summer and was taken care of promptly, the problem was simply a safety button spring broke in half, They could've sent me the spring but I wanted to get a chance to say "hello" and check em out. (See what retirement does? Too much free time,) anyway I came away very impressed, I was treated well and serviced quickly. They had the gun ready before I finished breakfast!

That gun's probably the 2087 and is good reliable gun. If they don't want to get er fixed, I have a few bucks I'd be willin to part with for a "Basket Case".

Happy Holidays and good shootin!!!
Hell! All shootins good!!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well I just ordered a 2097 from CDNN and really looking forward to it. Not a bad transaction...the rep was very nice but kind of rushed. All in all so far so good. Should be arriving late next week. Feeling a little nervous buying it sight unseen, but for the price it's hard to complain (there was a used one at a local shop for about $100 bucks more...before taxes and it didn't have all the chokes). Have you guys had good luck with CDNN? I've read that they are pretty good. Thank goodness for the 3 day return period.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Fear not, sig808. CDNN is a class operation. You'll get the gun you ordered and it will live up to your expectations.

I got my 2097 from CDNN about a year ago and I love this gun. Simply the best gun purchase I've ever made. CDNN was very easy to work with and I would buy from them again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Rob (Long):
Again a bit off the subject, I know what you mean about the anti gun folk: I grew up just outside Manhattan N.Y. (talk about restrictive)! Wound up in Massachussetts where you need to register your long guns and carry a certificate. If you leave your guns in the car while you make a pit stop and say your wife is sitting without a cert, she can be arrested and fined! Oddly enough, I did get a restricted Carry.

Moved to Mich where they seem to be enlightned. Here, you can get a "Shall issue" and after some classes you are issued a full CCW! Cost about $1000 US but fully worth it. Oh yeah, it never turned into the Wild West like was predicted by some! In the 6 years I've had mine I think there's been about 5 cases that I'm aware of. I waited 50 odd years to be able to own and carry a pistol. Aint gonna jepordize that!!

Anyway As I stated a couple of posts ago I have 2 Lanbers Both bought from CDNN sight unseen and have never regretted either purchase...

Rob, Take care and enjoy the Holidays..

Ray

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Hold on there, Lanber will have to get in line behind Rizzini for a slot in the "I love my...." section. Who determines the categories? I've never even heard of a Yildiz. Is it a West coast deal> I had to do a Google search to find ou it was an actual gun. Thought maybe it was one of those "in jokes" like a snipe hunt.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts