Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A real looker! Nice wood with plain old parkerizing gives its a refined yet purposeful appearance. Beauty and the beast
Thanks for the feedback. I love the feature and how it handles. I wish I could find a Police Special that isn’t a fortune!

·
Registered
222 Posts
When you say Police Special do you mean the 7+1 capacity 20" version? Looking at your gun I would say it may have been a police gun w/ rifle type sights. Is the barrel marked with the choke?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
When you say Police Special do you mean the 7+1 capacity 20" version? Looking at your gun I would say it may have been a police gun w/ rifle type sights. Is the barrel marked with the choke?
Police specials came with standard and extended magazine tubes. The one shown above has a police special rear sight that was not standard for a commercial deer slayer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are probably correct. Purchased in 1993. The serial number says 1988 was the manufacture year. So with the finish and the wood stock being rough (no gouging). Yes to your question about police special. But people want a ridiculous amount for them like $1400 range. I’m sure there’s deals out there. But I’m happy with the one I have for now. It’s just wishful thinking.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Police specials came with standard and extended magazine tubes. The one shown above has a police special rear sight that was not standard for a commercial deer slayer.
I purchase it from a dealer friend for $300 under the table. Serial number puts it at 1988 Ithaca. No police markings or barrel marking of choke.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts