Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago, I asked for your help in my weight loss project. I stsrted out at 216 lbs and my goal was 200 lbs. After taking some ribbing and basic training style advice from you guys, the scale has spoken. I tried to follow everyone's advice and my own program, mixed it up a bit, you know!!

Thanks, guys. Now I'm on the way to the gym for another workout. You motivated me more than you realize. At 6'2 1/2", I'm stll a bit chubby around the waistline but with enough workouts, I'll solve that.

·
Registered
11,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, Doug!

Off your butt and on your feet! I'm sure the base gym has room for you. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
11,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rastoff, are you still there? If you need a support group, we are here to harrass you like you guys did me.

·
Registered
20,830 Posts
Thanks Ev, but I just hate the gym. We have a real nice one right in my building. It's got weights and cardio stuff and a nice exercise floor. I even have a couple of guys that I ride my mountain bike with now and then. Unfortunately, my work schedule doesn't allow regular hours. Lunch doesn't come at the same time every day. I supposed it was the same in your world. I mean you didn't let a guy go because it was noon did you?

Anyway, enough excuses. I need to get out and do something. My twice a week martial arts classes aren't enough.

·
Registered
11,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your reply. I thought maybe that I had rubbed you the wrong way!

You'll make it in your own time and way, I'm sure.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Ev, congratulations, big time. Always remember, however, that at a certain age, we must be careful. There comes a time when working out doesn't make us stronger - it can kill. Make sure the docs all give the ticker and your blood vessels a green light for the exercise you do!

·
Registered
11,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, Paul. I hadn't even thought of asking the medico. I have an appointment on Sept 2 and we'll chat about it.

Good thinking, my friend.

·
Registered
11,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Next? I think I'll finish writing my memoirs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.