Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:arrow:

I am a huge fan of European weapons. Would you be kind enough to take a moment and help me?

I have an older, but very beautiful, German double rifle manufactured by C. Guntermann in Dusseldorf. What I am looking for is as much history and information you might be able to tell me about the maker.

I really like this weapon and will NEVER sell it, so the value isn't important to me, but the history of this maker is VERY important to me.

Please take a minute from your day and tell me what you know of this maker, if anything. I can find nothing here.

Peter Miller, Ph.D.
San Diego, CA 92330

·
Registered
383 Posts
Here is what i found so far:

There was one auctioned with these details:

CARL GUNTERMANN - (19th century) - GERMAN - (CIRCA 1840-1880). NO LICENCE REQUIRED A FINE, SCARCE, AND IMPRESSIVELY EXECUTED ANTIQUE 19th century GERMAN FULL-STOCKED PERCUSSION PATCHED BALL DEER RIFLE, 31" FINE TWIST OCTAGONAL BARREL OF APPROXIMATELY .600 CALIBRE, SECURED BY THREE SLIDING BARS, HORN TRIGGER GUARD AND RAMROD PIPES, SLIDING PATCH BOX TO STOCK, AND DOUBLESET TRIGGER, THE BARREL INSCRIBED IN GOLD LETTERING "CARL GUNTERMANN IN DUSSELDORF". IN VERY GOOD OVERALL CONDITION. CIRCA 1840-1880. E1700/1900

http://www.invaluable.com/desmond-judd/ ... qx/lot.htm

That should give you an idea of the age of your gun, and of its makers name.

Post any other markings you find on the gun or on the gun, and especially under the barells.[/url]

·
Registered
73 Posts
In Heer's Der Neue Stockel he lists a C. Gundermann (with a d) working in Düsseldorf circa 1850. Sorry I have nothing more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a extremely nice double barrell shotgun made by c guntermann. My great grandfather brought it over when he came over in the late 1800's. I also have the original shot bag and measuring power horn. Do you have any additional information on Mr. Guntermann?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts