Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some help with how much the following shotguns what they are worth and when they were made.
Harrison Richardson Delux Topper Model 198 12 GA. Nickel plated receiver?
Ithica Model 66 Super Single Lever action .410 GA. NY. Made.
Winchester model 37 12 GA.
Ivory Johnson Arms .410 GA. single shot with hammer. Cannot find the model number anywhere on this gun. All help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Kidman,
Serial numbers would be a big help

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
You need not only the serial numbers, but the condition (usually rated as % finish remaining). The Iver Johnson is almost certainly a "Champion". Check your local library, and see if they have a copy of "The Blue Book of Gun Values". The 23rd edition is the current one, but the values don't change very quickly, so a 1 or 2 year old book would be close. There is also a color photo section in the front of the book that will help you determine the percent finish left.

Bear in mind that the prices given are retail... that's what you'd expect to pay at a dealer. Adealer will typically offer 50% to 75% of book value, depending on how quickly he feels he can move it. Private sales are typically 80 to 90 percent of book, but again, it's only worth what somebody is willing to pay.

The Iver Johnson and the Winchester 37 are the most likely to sell of the group you've listed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All of the shotguns that are listed are in GREAT shape, I would guess they all are 80 percent. Can anyone give me a estimate?
The Ivory Johnson has no numbers at all it has been checked everywhere, we took it down no numbers are there?
Is the .410 worth anything it shure is a fine shotgun?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In 1983, say, a Winchester 37---this is all steel---might have been found used in a gun shop for $200. That would still have been about the same 10 yrs later IF they were on the shelves.

J H

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
According to the Blue Book of Gun Values and based on your estimate of the 80% condition:
Winchester model 37 $100
Ithica Model 66 $70
Harrison Richardson Delux Topper Model 198 $85
Ivory Johnson Arms .410 GA. (If Champion) $75

If you are not sure of their condition be sure to have a gunsmith check them out before shooting.
Hope it helps.
regards,
Jay Gentry
Shotgunworld.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies you as allways have been a great help. I look foreward to reading your forum it is great keep up the great work guys. Until next time.
Kidman

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kidman said:
I would like some help with how much the following shotguns what they are worth and when they were made.
Harrison Richardson Delux Topper Model 198 12 GA. Nickel plated receiver?
Ithica Model 66 Super Single Lever action .410 GA. NY. Made.
Winchester model 37 12 GA.
Ivory Johnson Arms .410 GA. single shot with hammer. Cannot find the model number anywhere on this gun. All help will be appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.