Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I voted this morning. Stood in a long line in the rain waiting for the polls to open at 0600. Wish I could fast forward to tomorrow morning to see the results.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Took me 15 minutes in and out this morning. Fill out a form, show driver's license to verify address, get digital ballot card, stand in line behind 4 people waiting for a booth to be open - about 2 minutes. 65 degrees and sunny when I went.

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
Went out to vote this morning and those dirty demonrats had STOLEN all my yard signs!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: They were there last night when I got home from work at 11:30 but this morning....GONE! But I got EVEN. Pretended to be a demonrat and voted 4 times!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
11,395 Posts
I voted. Difficult decision when I voted for the presidential candidate. Most of my acquaintances told me that they left the presidential blocks unmarked. They claim to have vote for all the other candidates of their choice but they could not in good conscience vote for either presidential candidate. I marked one of the blocks hesitantly. This is the first time in my 78 years that I felt I had little choice to make a decision that I felt comfortable with.

Sunday was a big day for bus companies. They hauled all afternoon from the black churches to the polls. Today, voter hauling is done with private vehicles and the lines are long. I see very few white people in the lines. Not suggesting anything, just stating the facts. My county is 45% black so that is part of the reason.

May God bless us as we enter a new era in democracy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you register to vote by mail you can usually fill out the ballot at home and then drop it off at your local polling place, so you get that warm in-person-civic-duty feeling (and a sticker!) but get to skip the line.

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
evbutler said:
I voted. Difficult decision when I voted for the presidential candidate. Most of my acquaintances told me that they left the presidential blocks unmarked. They claim to have vote for all the other candidates of their choice but they could not in good conscience vote for either presidential candidate. I marked one of the blocks hesitantly. This is the first time in my 78 years that I felt I had little choice to make a decision that I felt comfortable with.

Sunday was a big day for bus companies. They hauled all afternoon from the black churches to the polls. Today, voter hauling is done with private vehicles and the lines are long. I see very few white people in the lines. Not suggesting anything, just stating the facts. My county is 45% black so that is part of the reason.

May God bless us as we enter a new era in democracy.
So sad to see the great state of NC which was once so reliable for Jesse Helms turn to the dark side. Thank you for voting Mr. Butler. Any vote you made is fine by me so long as it wasn't for Hillary.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Well I voted, so they can shut it down now.

In the over 40 years of participating in the process I have voted for republicans and democrats, winners and losers. But each time I was happy with my choice and left feeling if the other person won I could be happy with that also.

Not so much this time.

On either count.

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
McFarmer said:

In the over 40 years of participating in the process I have voted for republicans and democrats, winners and losers. But each time I was happy with my choice and left feeling if the other person won I could be happy with that also.

Not so much this time.

On either count.
DANG!!!! Surprised that word got past the profanity filter! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Today I voted for a Democrat for the just the second time in my life. For the incumbent County Sheriff. Our Sheriff is a good guy - I've played many rounds of golf with him in various fund raisers and recreational tournaments. He's very a law and order type, and very pro self defense and 2nd Amendment.

My philosophy has always been "if you can't bring yourself to vote FOR the candidate, vote FOR the platform". That makes it easier to hold my nose and cast my ballot. It has served me well for 48 years.

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
McFarmer, and
to the Huglu Forum, the friendliest "I Love My" forum on SGW.

cdb

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
I voted October 29th.

cdb

·
Registered
661 Posts
I just got home. Was voter number 309, normally when I go after work I'll be somewhere around number 100 give or take 20 or so. Not many people where I live but looks like a lot of them are voting. And like many of you this was the worst decision I have ever had to make on a ballot. I almost walked out w/o casting a vote for president but then I closed my eyes, held my nose and made the mark. Now if I can only look at myself in the morning in the mirror without puking it'll be a miracle. 300 milion people in America and these are the best we've got???????????? {F* {F*

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
jac63 said:
I just got home. Was voter number 309, normally when I go after work I'll be somewhere around number 100 give or take 20 or so. Not many people where I live but looks like a lot of them are voting. And like many of you this was the worst decision I have ever had to make on a ballot. I almost walked out w/o casting a vote for president but then I closed my eyes, held my nose and made the mark. Now if I can only look at myself in the morning in the mirror without puking it'll be a miracle. 300 milion people in America and these are the best we've got???????????? {F* {F*
We all have to do what we have to do. As voters we can only hope we are doing the right thing for our country. That is our first and foremost responsibility. THANK YOU FOR VOTING!

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
2fewdaysafield said:
McFarmer said:

Not so much this time.

On either ****.
You're fast. I edited that right after I posted it.

Freudian slip ? I hope not.

·
Registered
661 Posts
2fewdaysafield said:
jac63 said:
We all have to do what we have to do. As voters we can only hope we are doing the right thing for our country. That is our first and foremost responsibility. THANK YOU FOR VOTING!
No need to thank me. Voting is a responsibility that I take very seriously, I just wish I could vote FOR someone instead of voting AGAINST the other one. I don't have confidence in the one I voted for but I know the other one is opposed to everything I value and hold dear. Unfortunately the lesser of two evils is still evil and that is where I believe we find ourselves as a nation.

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
2fewdaysafield said:
McFarmer said:
You're fast. I edited that right after I posted it.

Freudian slip ? I hope not.
Just happenstance that I was here just when you posted. I've fixed the posts to make them OK. Yeah....Freudian slip I suspect.....but it made me laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
jac63 said:
2fewdaysafield said:
jac63 said:
No need to thank me. Voting is a responsibility that I take very seriously, I just wish I could vote FOR someone instead of voting AGAINST the other one. I don't have confidence in the one I voted for but I know the other one is opposed to everything I value and hold dear. Unfortunately the lesser of two evils is still evil and that is where I believe we find ourselves as a nation.
I hear you. Been since the '80s since I was really happy with how I voted in a presidential election. But we care about our country so we do the best we can. That's all we can do.

·
Registered
829 Posts
jer901 said:
Today I voted for a Democrat for the just the second time in my life. For the incumbent County Sheriff. Our Sheriff is a good guy - I've played many rounds of golf with him in various fund raisers and recreational tournaments. He's very a law and order type, and very pro self defense and 2nd Amendment.

My philosophy has always been "if you can't bring yourself to vote FOR the candidate, vote FOR the platform". That makes it easier to hold my nose and cast my ballot. It has served me well for 48 years.
You're like me, Jer. You don't have a choice with the demographics of your county. I do the same with my sheriff, and mayor. They wouldn't have a chance to win if they ran without the D by their name.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.