when i shoot
i control every single moment520.00%
i call, and my brain finish the job1976.00%
other way14.00%

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
You forgot:

I CLOSE MY EYES AND LET "THE FORCE" TAKEOVER!!!!! That's what I do 8)

Happy shooting.......................Levi

·
Registered
176 Posts
I always try to do the same, stay focus, if the timing is correct i´ll see the dust, but if i don´t do that and i delay my shoot the ghost always come and the clay ends the travel in the soil.

forteresse said:
how you shoot?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I'm lucky to control every movement when going to the bathroom------However I'm not smart enough to let my brain take over--Does the other way mean closing both eyes,swinging and hoping to hit the bird????I can do that,well two outta three ain't bad :oops:

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Seriously...this poll needs better definition.

Its not humanly possible to concentrate the whole time while shooting a trap or a round of 100. You only need to concentrate and clearly focus on the target a few seconds during each shot itself. Concentrate when the shotgun comb hits your cheek, continue until the target is broken. Then you must relax and prepare for the next shot. Relaxing is not thinking of your girl friend or your wife or both. Relax and think about your form, watch the other shooters targets, trying to perfect your clear focus. Keep your mind in the game. If you drift off....loss.

Maltzie

·
Registered
24 Posts
When shooting comp I,m in full control, no guess work. a miss is because I made a mistake, wandered off for a second.

When practicing for competition, its hard to do, but I try to do the same as at a registered event.

When relaxing with the guys at the club I don't pay too much attention to form and style, kinda like a no brainer. A day off.

Maltzie said it, if you try to concentrate for a full event you'll be a basket case by the end of the day, concentration is only for about 2 seconds when you call for the bird. Learning to relax and have full "distraction control" during an event is necessary and takes time to learn or aquire. Some try hard but never quite make it but if you do you will be tough to beat.

RossT

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
maltzahn said:
Seriously...this poll needs better definition.

Relaxing is not thinking of your girl friend or your wife or both.
Maltzie
Thats for sure! :D

Between shots, I usually look downrange, at the leaves moving in the wind, or a bird flying in the distance. Nothing that takes much thinking. If it's windy, I listen to the wierd whistling sounds, made from wearing ear plugs. I then can give my concentration to "seeing" the target when it's my turn. Staying thought free between shots helps keep me relaxed, and in the zone.

I hate it when something intrudes on that thought free time. I was shooting caps at one comp, had money on myself in the calcutta. Ran 24,24, then for some stupid reason I thought about my sister, who I was having some problems with. I even said to myself, "for chrisake, don't think about that now!" :evil: :? Then shot a 21, 22, for a total of 91. 5 pays in the calcutta. Top money went for a 96. 95, 94, 2-93's all paid... :( Boy was I mad at my sister... :D Blank mind makes for better shooting!

·
Registered
43 Posts
When i practice i focus on every shot and every movement and criticze every little twich because that is what your suppose to do. Then when i shoot in comp. i just let my muscle memory take over the action and i focus on the bird with 120% of my mind and destroy it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
i will tell you the secret! i dont know how it happens! yes the force does just take over! its a sport of reactions and brain power! you must concentrate, really concentrate and then pull the trigger! mount the gun. call for the clay, and bust it! aaaaahhhhhh im getting a hard on!

·
Registered
16,296 Posts
When you let your mind wander from the job at hand the next sound you here will be "LOST". True concentration is not needed throughout the event, but for those short moments that you are actually in the process of mounting the gun,calling for the bird, watching the flight of the target, and pulling/releasing the trigger and watching the bird go up in smoke.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts