Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen pictures of tactical shotguns with a drum mag and/or 8 or 10 round standard mags. Where can I get one of these systems for a Rem. 870? Any info on these items would be greatly helpful!!!!!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
im pretty sure what you are talking about is the Knoxx SideWinder. im not 100% positive, but i think it may only be for the Mossberg 500/590 platform. i know theres was talks of one for an 870, dont know if it ever came out though.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
While it was in production, it was only made for the mossy's. Knoxx claimed that they would be releasing one for the 870, and were showing around some prototypes at various shows, and then they canned the whole program. Apparently Knoxx was having problems with one of their suppliers that it difficult to get the kits to sell. There aren't any plans on rereleasing the kit either.

If you have a mossy, you can still get the kit if you really want it:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=86486954
of course it costs more than the actual gun.

I can't seem to find a picture of the 870 prototype, but I remember a shorty 870 with a sidewinder kit and a copstock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK guys! That really SUCKS!!!

Is there anything else out there like this system?

I appreciate the help and thanks for welcoming me to the basement!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Thunderbear said:
gryfox23 said:
OK guys! That really SUCKS!!!

Is there anything else out there like this system?

I appreciate the help and thanks for welcoming me to the basement!
*whispers*

SAIGA!
How'd we know that was coming? :roll: :lol:

If I was looking to have a mag hang off my SG I would rather have a semi, saiga, than have to pump around that big drum.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
DJTURNz said:
Would a knox drum fit a 930?
I could see the dilemma if you want a box fed pump gun for the purposes where a pump excels, like lower power rounds, but I really can't see any reason to be adding a box mag to a conventional semiauto, when you could start out with a saiga to begin with, and have what you want.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
TempestV said:
DJTURNz said:
Would a knox drum fit a 930?
I could see the dilemma if you want a box fed pump gun for the purposes where a pump excels, like lower power rounds, but I really can't see any reason to be adding a box mag to a conventional semiauto, when you could start out with a saiga to begin with, and have what you want.
That's kinda what I was trying to say. I don't not like big box mags, but I would prefer them on a gun designed for them. I had a chance to buy a Saiga for very little money in '99ish but the dealer wasn't sure of the legality for non class 3's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.