Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Do-All clay target thrower for around $30 at Wallmart a couple of weeks ago. But, the arm broke at the pivot rod after about 2 1/2 cases of birds. I took it back to Wally World and they replaced it with no problem. I figure it will keep me happy for another 2-3 cases of birds before it flies apart also.

Now, I'm interested in buying a better unit, perhaps $150-$200 range. Anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks,

·
Registered
23 Posts
I own a Flightmaster from Outers. I bought it from WWW.wholesalehunter.com
The price was $159.00
You can buy the optional extra throwing arm for $22.00 IIRC. I did, but a bit disappointed in the diminished throw length.
I had the Hoppes thrower previous to this one. The new one is worth it so far. No need to stake it in the ground or any other bs.
Thomas.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I concur with Canope, as I have the same type thrower. However if you are to install the extra arm for throwing doubles, may I suggest cranking up the spring to a higher level.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem with the "casual" shooter class throwers is the longevity and adjustability. If you don't pay much, don't expect much. The just cannot manufacture a good thrower for 100.00 or less.

If you are going to use it a LOT or want reliability and be able to throw a target 90 yards buy a good 3/4 cock thrower from any of the big manual trap dealers. Go in with a few shooting buddies and share the cost, WELL worth it!

Other option is to ask at your gun club to see if they have one they might part with at a good cost.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.