Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like looking at all of the unique configurations of tactical shotguns. Is there a place on the forum where pictures are displayed?

Unfortunately, I don't have any to display myself at the moment but I think it would be great if everyone inserted a picture of their shotgun or a shotgun they really like.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! :D This is one of the best threads EVER!! I'm going to hunt down all the pics of totally rad tactical boomsticks I can find. The tac shotgun is probably my ultimate weapon of choice.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey good topic like this topic a lot thanks for getting it started. I guess I am a shotgun freak too lol especially so for the police/tacical/combat/home defense/ tactical type of shotguns, but hell for that matter I guyess i am a firearms freak too lol just like firearms in general but this is a very good topic right here.
Now while we are on this topic I do`nt have any pictures offhand to put on here for right now but what to say hey Iggy Hazard good job on the pictures that you got posted up in your reply all of them very good indeed and you have pick some of the best goodies to show. The only thing I would change it in your picture they are all good and well except for one of the firearms doesn`t belong it`s not a true shotgun .
The one that doesn`t belong is the one on the far right of the page about middle way down once the whole picture is through downloading it`s the one that looks like a pump actiopn shotgun on steroids well that weappon there is in fact a prototype of a short lived concept pump action multi shot 40 mm granade laucher being experimented with by our military durring the Vietnam War years. You see durring that time we had the old bloop tube M-79 single shot 40mm granade laucher now this was and still if of the ones still out there still a good weapon but does have one short comming it`s just a single shot then you got to reload. Now in it`s defense the M 203 40 mm granade laucher is also a single shot but at least it also usually has an M-16 or M-4 carbine attached to it so if you had just used the M -203 and some more enemy jump out there and you still needed to shoot some and you didn`t have time to reload the single shot M-203 you could start firing aways with the m-16 or m-4 which ever one you have it attached to.
Now in Vietnam the M- 203 didn`t come about till later in the war at the begining it was just the old bloop tube and so the and the only thing a granade laucher man could do at that time if his bloop tube was empty and he didn`t have time to relaod if the enemy was upon him that quick was to either quickly draw his issued .45 goverment model pistol or use hsi knife and use his bare hand or the bloop tube itself as a club all of thoes option might get the job done but none was as good or effecient as having your main weapon with some more ammo still loaded in it ready to give you another follow up shot if needed.
So anyways the military researchers at the navys China Lake faciliety went to work and they came up with what you see there that sort of looks like a remington 870 that is on steroids and working out for the mr. univers contest lol.but now it was a good ideal however it was ahead of it`s time and it had so many bugs it it and was ammo sinsative that it did`nt function properly so they put it back to the drawing board so to speak and still have`nt ever really perfected it yet. But we do have similar weapon ideals out there some of which work on the revoler pricipal they are in use today but they wouldn`t have been come about if it wasn`t for that ideal and the old bloop tube to get it all going to start with.

·
Registered
531 Posts

I want one of these sooo bad! If you load it with 40mm cannister rounds, it becomes a super shotgun! :D You can also load it with flechette rounds. I knew it was a grenade launcher but since you can load a 40mm with cannister rounds, it can also be used as a shotgun. Just imagine that! And it even holds 4 rounds (3+1)! Think of the turbo-shotgun bliss - 4 rounds each containing 27 pellets of #00 buckshot! That's thrice the payload of a standard 12 gauge round and with equivalent recoil to a 12 gauge Magnum! :D

I've seen both of these before. I've seen 12 and 20 gauge versions. I always thought the Kurz grip would go great on a shotgun even before actually seeing it! The one I liked was a 12 gauge and had a heat shield (made to fit on a 10 1/2" barrel). The Serbu Super-Shorty has a 7 1/2" barrel. I like the K-grip 4-rounder better.

Here's a 1970s bullpup - the High Standard M-10B and a 1970s experimental shotgun - the Atchisson Assault Shotgun.

These are all from the Mercenaries Guide to Weapons which is from something called Traveller. That last one is an 8-barrel 15mm shotgun combined with a 50mm grenade launcher. The 8 shotgun barrels encircle the 50mm grenade launcher barrel.

And of course, here are some obligatory Sidewinder pics.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really like the looks of that shorty double barrel side by side but golly gee wiz I bet you'd break your wrist trying to fire it one handed. Even two handed would be like wrestlin a steer!

I've a got a single shot ten gauge that would be a great hall clearer if you could hang on to it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey Iggy Hazard and all other fellow shotgun world members and visitors how yall doing today hope yall all had a great day. Anyways we got a good topic here looks like the topoc thread has grown a bit in last day or 2 keep it going got a good thread going. Anyways I sort of thought you might know that it wasn`t a shotgun and was in fact a granade laucher but just in case you didn`t know and in case any other shotgun world members adn visitors id`nt know thought I would inform yall so you would know. Yes you are correct in that with it`s loading of the flechette rounds and the cannister shot rounds it would be sort of like a souped up super shotgun or you could even think of it like a miniture field artilery piece in a similar way like when they use to use thoes loaded with either grape shot or the cannister shot and just level a rank of soliders comming into the kill zone.
But you see that is the kicker the rounds they was wanting to use this weapon with the most namely the cannister shot rounds and I beleive they had even more fire power then 27 00 buck loaded in them I think if I remember correctly it was more like 54 or something close to 54 which would be like having 6 regualr 12 gauge 2 3/4 inch shell fire at same time with one shot with no more kick then a regular 12 gaug shotgun so that would have been like iceing on the proverbial cake.But you see the kicker is the cannister round which would have been the perfect round loaded in it`s magazine to have one in the chamber and 2 or 3 more in the magazine would have been perfect for a point man armed with this nasty goodie to help break up an enemy ambush party real good and send the enemy to hell and gone . but you see that was just it the cannnister shot rounds and I also if I remeber correctly the flechette round was also giving this think a problem and it just couldn`t work reliably with them that and with if fully loaded in the testing fase they guys they was using to test it in field conditions kept complaing about how much more heavy and how much more out of balance it was as compared to the old bloop tube m-79 and about that time they were starting to get some of the m-16`s with the m-203`s attached to them and even they were lighter then this super pump action granade laucher so the poor thing sort of got like a bad rap and so then it sort of got piled on and put back on the back burner but helll who knows maybe one day you might still see it get perfected and m aybe brought back out and used if our guys in the military even think they might could put something like that to good use only if they could get the bugs worked out and maybe make it a little lighter and with a little better balance could be a good enemy / terrorist buster supream. I mean could you image a point man like over in some place like our guys over there in Afganistan or somewhere like there and if they had to go into a cave or tunnel after some alkida or the like and then they fired 3 or 4 rounds from that baby down the tunnel or cave at the bad guys as fast as they coukld squeeze the trigger and pump it to extrac and ejack the fired round and to lock adn load a fresh round in rapid succession I mean using the funnel effect of a cave or tunnel and 3 or 4 of thes being lauched would take a whole platoon of enemy out in one quick stroke. Or for that matter if you for that mission switch the rounds and reloaded it with high explosive rounds would be very devestating down a cave or tunnel the .I mean 3 or 4 of the good old general purpose high explosive ound would kill most of the bad guys and the o nes it doesn`t kill the after effect of the blast in the right spot would cave in the cave or tunnel on the remaing bad guys and just burry them alive and so they wouldn`t be able to bother anyone else and they would be good as dead to so you would get very effecient use out of a weapon like this in the right hands.
But like I said they would have to improve it make it lighter but still tuff and robust able to take a licking and keep on ticking like the provervbial timex and make it bet your life on it reliable and if they could do all that and make them cost effective enough where you could have at least one of 2 of them to a squad then you got yourself the proverbial keeper.

·
Registered
531 Posts

Here are some Bonnie & Clyde guns - a Winchester 1887 and a couple of Remington 11s.

Here's Arnold protecting John Connor with a sawed-off Winchester 1887.

Here's a 'T2' title pic showing the modified 1887 in good detail.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Iggy i was wondering do you actualy have a supershorty? and if so can you tell me how well it performs? I was thinking about purchasing one myself. :twisted: isnt it wicked cool? i mean- the idea of carying a 12guage shotgon concealed?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hey Iggy i was wondering do you actualy have a supershorty?
I don't have a Class III license. I wish I had a suber mega turbo compact combat shotgun of demented doom!!

...isnt it wicked cool? i mean- the idea of carying a 12guage shotgun concealed?
I've always thought that would be a good idea. All handguns are sidearms but a shotgun is a true combat weapon.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts