Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
I traded my Winchester 12 ***** pump for an over and under 12 ***** with 2 triggers.
It is a fairly old gun and I don't know the manufacturer but it was totally reconditioned.
It has no serial number on it probable when it was reconditioned it was ground off.
On the right hand side of the gun is the word Model I J - 27 -E.
Does anyone know who the manfacturer is.
I will have to call the police dept to see if a serial # can be stamped on it in order that it can be registered other wise I won't be able to take it out of the house to the hunt camp.
Thanks

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
brunooliviero said:
Hi there
I traded my Winchester 12 ***** pump for an over and under 12 ***** with 2 triggers.
It is a fairly old gun and I don't know the manufacturer but it was totally reconditioned.
It has no serial number on it probable when it was reconditioned it was ground off.
On the right hand side of the gun is the word Model I J - 27 -E.
Does anyone know who the manfacturer is.
I will have to call the police dept to see if a serial # can be stamped on it in order that it can be registered other wise I won't be able to take it out of the house to the hunt camp.
Thanks
Probably a Baikal... they make an IZH-27. Pictures? Are you in the US? In most states, you don't have to register long guns.

If I'm right that it's a Baikal, you should have kept your pump gun...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Did you look under the operating lever, by pushing it to the right? Sometimes they hide a number there. If that does not work you can try removing the forearm and separating the barrels from the frame and inspect all of the surfaces carefully for markings. Maybe you can come up with some additional information. :?:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts