Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having purchased and tried out a set of Browning Lightning shooting glasses, I have found that it may be necessary for me to have a pair of prescription shooting glasses made. The Lightnings were extremely comfortable and I liked their design. My hope was that since my aging eyes need bifocals just for near sight (the clays are much farther away than a newspaper), and the astigmatism is in my nondominant left eye, that these issues should not be a problem in shooting skeet with the nonprescription shooting glasses, but it appears after a couple of rounds tonight that it is. I cannot afford to have prescription glasses made in all colors. Thus my question, that if you had to have shooting glasses made with lenses in only one color what color would it be--vermillion or??? Roger referred to glasses that came in only one color that appeared to be vermillion. I realize that only one color is not ideal, but there must be one color that is better than no color at all. Your thoughts??

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I am not sure if I am the Roger you referred to?

The HidEfSpex are not vermillion, but they are one color for all situations.

One color IS ideal with HiDefSpex. The lenses and the color actually came from Italy where they are medical glasses for people with Macular Degeneration. They boost the definition and the contrast so that people with MD can see more and see better. It turns out that seeing more and better is a good thing when you are wanting to shoot clays, or for that matter golf/play tennis, fly model aircraft, fly REAL aircraft, or even just drive. They also contain melanin, the substance we all lose as we get older, but we need it to protect our eyes from cataracts and MD. We can make HiDefSpex lenses to fit frames you already have.

One lens may sound strange but it is not, mail me if you want more information?

[email protected]

Roger

·
Registered
121 Posts
Okay i have 20/20 vision or whatever, but my lucky brother doesn't (AHAHA serves him right :lol: ) and he shoots trap to. He bought a pair of NYX Sport glasses. They have a prescription insert, and you can change the lense colors. Not of the cost.

If i had to have one color of glasses Vermillion (rose), thats pretty much all i shoot with anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.