Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen all the discussion about the economics of reloading. In some cases like for 12 or 20 gauge a good argument can be made unless you need a specialized load or just like to craft your own shells.

But, today I saw some prices on 28 ga. and .410 shells that blew me away. I probably shoot 75 percent of my clays in these gauges. Amazing.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Definitely economical to reload 28 gauge and .410, but I have never paid more than $90.00 a flat for the Estate Brand Ones. No more than $95.00 for RIOs. Last year I even got AAs on Special for $75.00 a flat. Bought all I was allowed to.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Someone just screwed up in setting the price on the price sticker machine. But when someone uses that method to price merchandise, they may not have a bar code reader at the cash register.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I know that store. Funny thing is they have the best prices on guns. No so much on ammo. I believe it is correct, but crazy

·
Registered
24,438 Posts
You might try printing out prices from brick and mortar as well as on-line sellers and taking those with you. Then POLITELY ask if these are correct and if they say yes, then show them their competitors' prices. Someone still using a pricing gun may have made a simple mistake

·
Registered
390 Posts
oneounceload said:
You might try printing out prices from brick and mortar as well as on-line sellers and taking those with you. Then POLITELY ask if these are correct and if they say yes, then show them their competitors' prices. Someone still using a pricing gun may have made a simple mistake
Good idea.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You know, I should have said something but got side tracked with a friend I am
Stopping in tomorrow. I'll Let you know.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Damn! Makes me want to run out and buy a 28 ga or 410 (and a set of dies) just so I could save money. So, whatta ya think the price was supposed to be?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Nebs said:
Now that price is certainly in the ballpark. The sticker price shown sure makes $10.99 seem cheap, but think about all you can save by reloading 28 ga. and .410! It becomes cheaper shooting than 12 ga.!

Nothing cooler than handing a kid a .410 tubed skeet gun and telling him/her, "Now shoot that target just like you did with your 12 ga." (Often done at high 7, the incomer.) When they see the target get smashed hard, their eyes kinda bug out, they look down at the gun, turn around with wonderment on their face, and say, "Wow! I didn't feel a thing! That is really cool! I want one!" Out of the mouths of babes is a fitting saying. They know what's fun! That's when I say, "Sorry" to the parent!
BB

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I know when I go to Cabela's and Gander Mountain for 16 Gauge Remington Game Loads in 1 ounce 8s, the per box price is usually $11.95, but a flat has a quantity discount price of $8.50 a box. At Dick's though they price everything by the box and even make you open a flat so they can check that they are all the same and can scan them for inventory control.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I know when I go to Cabela's and Gander Mountain for 16 Gauge Remington Game Loads in 1 ounce 8s, the per box price is usually $11.95, but a flat has a quantity discount price of $8.50 a box. At Dick's though they price everything by the box and even make you open a flat so they can check that they are all the same and can scan them for inventory control.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Problem solved.

$6.99. Savings reduced substantially. But still substantial. That's a bit below what I pay for AA with rebate. That's how I get my new hulls to reload.

Hey Albatross. Still think you should go out and buy a 410 and 28. You can tell your wife how much money you will save. That's how my wife taught me.

·
Registered
24,438 Posts
So, from $20.99 to $6.99? Nice savings!

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
oneounceload said:
So, from $20.99 to $6.99? Nice savings!
And clearly a pricing error. I wonder how many boxes they sold at the higher price, if any.

·
Registered
24,438 Posts
Or how many customers took one look and said "The heck with this, I'm ordering online and I'll never be back"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts