Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm the poor sob that bought the CharlyBrown-Daly Maxi Mag Auto.See my last post under that subject.I'm tradin in that Turkish piece of camel crap.On a Windchester super X2 or a 1187 sps super mag.What gun would get the nod in your guys eyes.No over seas firearms will be considered!!!!!Thanks Scott

·
Registered
383 Posts
As i said many times buy Western european or japanese and avoid exotic makers like turkish, chinese, indonesian etc since their quality is inconsistent if you want to buy a non US gun. The problem is of course one satisfied customer telling everybody how good HIS specific exotic gun was seems to have more appeal than the people telling sad stories about the same gun. If the potential buyer really wants to buy that exotic gun then he/she will selectively ignore the bad comments and only keep the good ones in his/hers head..Just a note on US guns, quite a lot are actually foreighn made.. ITS NOT HOW WELL YOU SHOOT, ITS HOW MUCH NOISE YOUR GUN MAKES.

·
Registered
541 Posts
They may be foreign made but they work good. ;) I would have to say though the Super X2 would get my vote. The 11-87 is starting to show it's age and I feel it will soon be droped or undergo a huge redesign. The Super X2 is very close to the Browning Gold Hunter. The gas system seems like a great design very few problems with the X2. Between these two guns both are good guns, I don't want to take away from Remington but the design is getting old. The big difference is in the way they feel. I think that the X2 feels more natural to me, but you really have to shoulder them to pick one out.8o They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

·
Registered
541 Posts
The 11-87 in it's normal original setup for 2-3/4" or 3" shells in 12ga or 20ga is a reliable auto. However when you strech the receiver to except the 3-1/2" shells you tend to over stress and run into problems. Also the 11-87 super mag has a hard time shooting 2-3/4" under 1-1/8 oz loads. Most 3-1/2" auto's tend to have difficulty with light loads but the X2 has on countless ocasions been able to shoot the lighter 1oz 2-3/4" shells. So shotgunner if you like the 11-87 you should look into getting a used one in 20ga I would expect you to find a good example in the $375-$425 range.8o They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.Edited by: john305 at: 3/15/03 2:17:53 pm

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
What is it specifically that you don't like about your CD 3.5 inch gun? Did the gun break? That particular model is a late model gun, and should be protected under the lifetime warranty of Charles Daly.What specifically went wrong with your Charles Daly shotgun, and why didn't you deal with this under your lifetime warranty?Remington

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.