Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
My experience is limited, but if I had somewhere in my house where I could reasonably set one up, I'd buy one. My house is just too small. I played with one extensively at the World skeet shoot in '06. It was dead on with target speed and position (of course, it should be--it's just math). If you can get past the mental block of no depth to the presentation (not a problem for me), then it's an invaluable tool, especially for being able to tell you where you're missing. And it was dead on on that too. Yep, if I had a place to put it, I'd buy one. No doubt about it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After reading this:
My experience is limited, but if I had somewhere in my house where I could reasonably set one up, I'd buy one. My house is just too small. I played with one extensively at the World skeet shoot in '06. It was dead on with target speed and position (of course, it should be--it's just math). If you can get past the mental block of no depth to the presentation (not a problem for me), then it's an invaluable tool, especially for being able to tell you where you're missing. And it was dead on on that too. Yep, if I had a place to put it, I'd buy one. No doubt about it.

Where can I get more info about this dry fire unit? It sounds like it would be fun.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
wrj said:
How much space do you need for this? It looks like it was going vertical more than a normal ceiling height.
Actually, you can do everything but H1 with an 8 foot ceiling, which is the standard minimum in most homes. It's the sideways space that I can't make work.

·
Registered
101 Posts
ncreb410 wrote:
Where can I get more info about this dry fire unit? It sounds like it would be fun.

And received the answer :
http://www.dryfireus.com/

·
Registered
895 Posts
Save your money for shells and put a AAA Mag-lite in the muzzle after you are sure the gun is empty. Flash the lite on the seam between the wall and ceiling and practice your mount while focusing on the lite while moving the gun along the seam. It also helps with gun mounting from a low gun stance, and helps you to put the shot where you are looking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts