Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my hands on a 1950's Sweet 16 with a factory slug barrel on it. It was rough. I did some searching on the net and couldn't find much of any info on the Sweet 16 slug guns. I would appreciate any info and any price range on an honest used example with 65% blue.
Thanks!
Doug

·
Registered
72 Posts
I guess the question is how rough is rough? My uneducated W.A.G. would be $600-$900 for a 60%-70% if all original with a slug barrel. I really like the wood on an early50's gun.
Dbl auto, I was looking at some old DA posts, and wonder what happened to jhj ? He mentioned he shot at Elbert Co. Gun Club and I shoot there now and hoped to meet and see his DA's.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Couple years ago a friend picked up a Belgium Sweet 16 with a slug barrel from a local pawn shop for about $450.
It was pretty rough. Gouges in the stock and forearm and some bubba had fitted a scope to it by drilling holes in the receiver.
He took it to Art's Gun and Sports. When it was returned, it looked new. Receiver holes filled and totally invisible.
Friend wouldn't tell me what Art charged, but said, "... the more Art talked, the cheaper it seemed".
Sometimes you find a gem in the rough.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The forend was a replacement that didn't match. The stock had been drilled for a sling stud and was well worn. The checkering was smooth or filled. The metal was in about 60% condition with blue gone in some areas. It was a factory slug bbl.

Thanks for the input!

Doug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.