Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have three old shot guns and am trying to find any history on them i can.any help would be appreciated.
1) single barrel 20ga.exsposed hammer newengland arms,it has the words engraved in cursive" long range" on the left side of the breech. numbers are 816093.
2) double barrel 12ga hammerless n.r. davis& sons, ajax, davis warner arms corp. norwich conn,d11092 appear on the gun.
3)double barrel 12 ga exsposed hammers, henry arms co. 2427
appears on the gun.
any assistance would be appriciated,age,value,or directions to another souce of research material. thank you for your time
brook.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
The New England Arms co shotgun was more than likely made by Crescent valued under $100

N.R. Davis & Co. were located in Freetown Mass. circa 1853 - 1917. In 1917 the company merged with Warner Arms Co. changing its name to Davis-Warner Arms Co. AJAX was a trade name used on hammerless double shotguns produced by the Davis-Warner Arms Corp. circa 1917 to 1930. Around $250 or so.

To date I haven't been able to find out the actual manufaturer of the Henry Arms , I suspect hidden somewhere on it is a Belgian proof mark ... if so let me know...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.