Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys interchange your shotguns back and forth to HD to a target gun and what not? or do you have seperate shotguns for different uses?

I only have 1 shotgun but I like taking my shotgun apart so I dont mind switching back and forth.

When I have more parts im sure my shotgun will look different every week. lol

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have a pistol grip, pistol grip stock, folding stock, and a pistol grip forend. Right now, it has the wood stocks, side saddle, extension, and 5 round sleeve on it. No change when I take it to the range for informal shooting. Haven't entered any "formal" competitions. 20 inch barrel... I have found skeet to be a little hard to hit with an improved cylinder choke...

When I took it out hunting last year, I took the extension and side saddle off it. Make it lighter, and easier to carry over the hills and through the brush. Also changed stocks...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Both of my Mossbergs have pistol grip stocks. Needed because of an accident, and I have 5 barrels, from 18" to 28". And I've been skeet shooting with my 11-87 w/ pistol grip stock and extended Magazine. At first, I got a lot of friendly kidding. :p But now it's just lets go shoot. Now for hunting, I would definately remove the extended mag. A semi auto w/ more than 5 round capacity is illegal in MI.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Yes, all the time. A 30 inch full choke with an 870 vent rib bbl used was a lot cheaper than buying a break action over under SG for $1000 for trap shooting.

extra stocks and wood refinishing in different stains is an interesting side activity to gun collecting/shooting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts