Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in a used 34" flat rib mx2000 or mx8 sporting, schnabel forend is a plus. Can't hardly find them used. New to the sport and dont have the funds really for a brand new one

· Registered
426 Posts
I am, this may seem like a crazy comment but I'm trying to find used in both. I haven't been in the sport long and I'm trying to save a little money lol.
Trying to save a little? Quit sporting clays and you’ll save a lot. 😂. Just kidding- good luck in your search and have fun. Just FYI- I would worry less about 34” barrels and just find a gun that feels good and start shooting as much as you can. In used guns, you’ll find 100 times as many sporting guns with 32” barrels.

· Banned
733 Posts
Caesar Guerini Summit Sporting 34’ MSRP is $4,550. Probably can get it right around $4,000.

· Registered
191 Posts
CG M-Spec is one to look for in 34" but try any gun you are interested in as they have distinct personalities, some you may like others not so much.

· Registered
191 Posts
I had a Zoli and moved to CG Invictus M-Spec...the feel was really different and I had the boss action thing in mind for a minute but went with as long as it opens and closes I was OK with CG.

I could not feel a recoil issue with the CG or the Zoli...maybe I'm not as perceptive as others in this forum.

The M-Spec is fixed choke and very lively from my viewpoint.

Les

· Registered
81 Posts
There’s a nice MX-12 with 34” pipes on Guns International for I believe 7,600$. I personally love the look of the plain MX12 over the 2000s or Hi-Tech
It’s got an Isis recoil devise on back (I love) but he didn’t cut the wood, so it can be removed…
I haven’t handled a 34” CG for a long time but when I did it, it felt long and heavy, nothing like a 34” perazzi. Just my opinion…

· Registered
414 Posts
I owned a 34" CG Summit years ago and it was very barrel heavy and handled sluggishly. I have handled the 34" CG Invictus fixed choke and it felt like a magic wand.

I own a Perazzi high-tech sporting with flat rib 33's that had Briley thin walls installed and it handles better than any gun I own or have handled which includes a 29.5" fixed choke Perazzi MX8 and a 31.5" Perazzi MT-6 with thin walls.

Good luck in your search. Used Perazzi's are out there but you need to do your homework regarding what to know. Barrel weight, any alterations to both barrels and/or stock, coil or v springs, removable vs fixed trigger groups, selectable triggers vs top first or bottom first etc. I also would suggest a 3-day inspection with the right to return and upon arrival check barrel convergence. Ask me how I know.....

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.