Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I went to my local metal scrap yard to recycle the HVAC units from my house. I replaced the inside air handler, and outside condensing unit, and the copper lineset that connects them. I went there with the intention of "making a buck" on the raw copper, and other various materials I had to offer.

Suffice it to say that when you spend $2000++ for a new A/C and furnace, you won't be happy with the money the scrap guy gives you for your old unit.
Anyway... While I was there, I asked if he had an old, raw lead he'd be willing to sell.
(because I want to make slugs)

He said he had 400# of the lead shot that the amusement/carnival uses. Remember that 'game' where you had to shoot out the red star?
Yea, that's the lead. One dollar per pound is what he's asking.
I came home with 50# of pure lead.

I told him I'd buy it all, but it'll be a little at a time......

·
Registered
318 Posts
The muzzleloading folks love pure lead. You should buy double of what you need and stash away the rest. By the time you clean him out, you'd have an additional 200# of pure lead provided someone else doesn't buy it first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.