Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Crow, I'd give Skeet-Man a PM and get one of his under the forend grip weights. I think it is better to add wt between your hands, not out on the barrel. That is some of the problem I ran into, too much wt out on the end of the barrel. Stick with the in the stock weights and the under girp weights, and I think you will be more comfortable with the wt you have added.

bd

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Well, perhaps I'm not a very good shooter, but I'm shooting a 24" 1941 M11 28g with a Cutts choke, better than I ever shot my 525 tubed. Out there in a 25mph wind, break'n the birds way early, break'em late, brake'em over the stake. The feeling of confidence in being able to break the birds was some amazing thing. I can see how my Mom won so many with this gun... I love it.

It's a very short LOP, set up for a 5'2'' woman, and I love the way it handles. I think a big factor is far forward front hand that I learned from a good shooter. Think it stops the gun from being whippy.

I'm having a blast with this gun! Think this year, I'm going to shoot doubles with it.

Draw backs... It flings hulls way, way out. Think I lost half my 28g hulls today. The stock. The stock has dried up, and pulled away from the reciever about the thickness of 3 dollar bills toghther. My experience with these guns says this is not good, and the stock won't hold up to a lot of shooting.

bd

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Ian, he's just trying to add some weight for skeet. He bought a field gun, but a good one, and he trying to add weight without throwing the ballance way out.

I had a very good shooter tell me the expensive guns have heavy recievers. So these guns cary a lot more weight between the hands. I don't know any way to add weight to a lite reciever, but I was thinking your under the grip weight is as close as one can come to having a heavy reciever.

I had a lot of trouble with a barrel that was too heavy for me... So I'm pretty sure, one has to be careful about adding too much weight out on those barrels. It makes the gun too slow.

bd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.