Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,721 Posts
I would never use white out on a 4473 or even a pen and ink change, no use in giving the ATF a reason to pull your FFL.

If the gun was brought back, the proper and legal method would be to log it in, complete new forms and, here in California, hold the gun(s) for another 10 days for all involved. Another DROS entry would be required also.

· Registered
1,721 Posts
RetiredLawman said:
Would you use white out even if you made an error when doing it right? You've done everything by the book but you wrote down something by looking at the S/N wrong, maybe transposing the number?
Nope, cheaper and less problems during a review to use another form. I don't even allow my customers to change a number, they mess up, we whip out a new form...I mess up, we whip out a new form. Really gets embarassing when we both mess up...lol.

· Registered
1,721 Posts
RetiredLawman said:
Bobshouse, how about in the transaction ledger, the bound book. Can you line through an error and start over with an explanation? Is this allowed now?
Lining out a transaction in the ledger is ok. There is not actually a "standardized" ledger log. They all have the same information, some have additional information not required by the ATF people. As long as the ledger matches your inventory, the dates coinside with the 4473, and all information (including full addresses and signatures) are entered, your ok.

ATF was quick to point out about the abreviations. We did not enter the full address of the business/person we received the firearm from and got slapped...we do it now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.