Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
17,604 Posts
Fronty- that's a part of the form that you don't fill out- the dealer does... which may be why you don't remember it. It's on the bottom of page 2, below where the buyer signs, but above where the dealer signs.

· Registered
17,604 Posts
Fronty-- I don't recall the form ever being blue, but I might be wrong... it was yellow until about 3 years ago, when it became white (and went from 2 to 3 pages as part of the paperwork reduction act <snort>).

The dealer needs to fill out the serial number info, etc at the time of the sale...

The "books" are supposed to be filled out daily. There's no requirement to keep anything computerized, but most dealers do since it makes it much easier to track things.

· Registered
17,604 Posts
Typically you pick out the gun before you run the background check. If your dealer is doing the check first, it's probably because they have a high delay/denial rate. I'm not sure if it's permissible to do it that way or not... we never have, and I don't know of any other dealers who have either.

I'm off to the shop now... I'll catch up with this thread later. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.