Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
387 Posts
Exactly what muscket 36 says.

In Az I have to take it back, fill out the pawn form and new 4473 for it when it is once again sold.

Every transaction requires new paperwork and one had better not try to shortcut, it just ain't worth it.

I recently had it happen that a man and wife bought two guns one for each. They took them into the range area (same show room) and shot them for about an hour came out and traded the husb gun for a new one. He didn't like the one he had chosen (and this after having shot the same model out of the rental counter on two previous occassions).
It had not left the building and it cost him as the gun was used so I could not give him new gun price. I was as good as I could be and he left happy but none-the-less he had to fill out all the paperwork and go through the approval again.

Happy TG to all.

UF

· Registered
387 Posts
Just what Bobshouse said.

NO WHITEOUT.

The 4473 is a legal affidavit it cannot be changed. However on one occassion I or my sales people had failed to put in the county on the 4473 and the feds caught them.
WE could not make the changes on those or a simple failure to put the zip code on the form.
Because it was something the customer was supposed to fill out, we had to send registered mail letters to inform them of the problems and they had to come down to put in the corrections.
On a mistake it is legal for the customer to line out, initial and fill in the correct info. But as Bobs said it is easier to whip out and fill in a new form.
Never whiteout and I am not sure I have ever heard of one of my associates having done so either.

Hope this helps.

UF

· Registered
387 Posts
Fronty.

Every 4473 from has a place for make, model and seriel number.
I'm not certain which form you are referring too but my new 4473 forms are white so we may be talking about two different froms.

As far as the transaction and background check, It don't matter how many times you come and go from the store. It has to do with an individual transcation. You can fill out the form for any number of guns and once the from is complete, the call is made for a background and approved, dinied or pending.
If you leave the premises for some reason before during or after it has nothing to do with the background or it's outcome.
IF you stay or leave, but decide to buy another gun(s) it will require another form and another background investigation for THAT transaction. Leaving or staying has no bearing upon the transactions.

Have a great holiday season and BTW Merry Christmas

UF

· Registered
387 Posts
Fronty

To each his own but I can tell you if your dealer does a background check without a purchase he/she is in dire jeapordy.
They are ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY NOT supposed to do so period.
I have no doubt about that as I got called on it and was very severely reprimanded for having done just one.

Don't do it guys.

Mike I have been ptrtty sick but am on the road to recovery with my new stent installed and everything.

UF

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.